February 25, 2010

Thursday - Sunny and warm.

A pretty good day today. My alarms didn't work quite as well as I had planned, but I didn't oversleep too much. I got up, and drank coffee and did some computer stuff before showering.

In the afternoon I watched last week's ER. It was good and made me wonder about tonight's show. I also watched Medium and then a British drama called Unforgiven that was really good. I'm sorry I missed most of it.

I biked off to work a little before 5 pm and it was still light out. Yes! That means I don't have to leave so early again. I mean, today for example my class didn't start until 7, so why should I be at my school 2 hours early? Anyway, when I got there I did some work, prepping for classes for Saturday and next week. I read a bit as well, which was nice.

My student and I had a good lesson. We talked about blogs. Her blog has recently changed so she gave me the new address. We had a good chat about ice-skating and I told her my theory that Japanese ice skaters have no idea what constitutes a good costume. She was too polite to disagree!

After class, I did paper work, cleaned up and then called my husband. He sounded...different on the phone. When he arrived at my school I got a strange vibe off him. He said he was just tired. We drove home, and the first thing he did was to flop on the bed. Hmm.

I checked email then started working on dinner. When it was ready, I asked if he wanted any but he said he didn't. He basically went to bed at 9:30 and has slept ever since. It made for a lonely evening for me. I ate dinner which was okay, not one of my better efforts, then washed dishes and watched ER. Tonight was the season finale. I taped it for F so I hope he'll be able to watch it soon.

And that's about it for me. I've had a quiet evening in front of my computer. I did try and make hubby change into his pj's, but he isn't going to bother. I hope he's feeling better tomorrow. I don't want him at home with me, I have too much I need to do.

As a little parting note, today was the 25th anniversary of my mother's death. She died suddenly one night when I was home from college for spring break. I always miss her, but these days I'm more philosophical about how we would have gotten on. We had a lot of things in common, but I think I'm a little bit kinder, at least about some things. I'm also more assertive than she was.

That's it for me. Night.

No comments: