February 7, 2010

Sunday - Warmer and no snowfall.

A pretty good day today. F got up early today and worked on my taxes, what a guy. He let me sleep on (and I did) and then around 12 his mother phoned so I got up. She wanted him to bring her some rice...I didn't mind of course, so off he went.

I putzed around on my computer for a while and then F came home. We went out for lunch and to see a movie. I was a bit doubtful about the movie as I'd heard it wasn't great, but F really wanted to see it.

We drove out to Mikawa and tried to have lunch at Cocos but it was busy. Instead we went to a place in the mall. I had a hamburger. It was okay but not great. F had to get some money and on the way back, we discovered that the Seattle's Best Coffee has closed up again. There is a sign saying it'll reopen in a couple of weeks, but I'm not holding my breath. They said that before too!

We went to see The Lovely Bones today. I wasn't impressed to be honest. I read the book in a short time a few years ago and haven't touched it since, but found it deeply moving. The movie, not so much. My review is posted on my other blog.

After the movie, we came back to Tsuruoka and went to a drugstore, then Yamaya for some decaf coffee and sunflower seeds. Then, we went for dinner. I wasn't too choosy tonight sadly, but when F said he wanted to go to his favourite soba restaurant I wasn't impressed. However, I thought I'd just let him go because I really didn't care that much.

At the restaurant we ordered and then after the cook had made our food and we were trying to eat it, he played 100 questions with F about me. I wasn't best pleased, and I don't think F was either. Honestly, I'm glad that F got it this time! It's usually me who has to put up with crap English nosy questions with F getting annoyed at me if I show how aggravated I am. Today, I just sat there and let him deal with all the nonsense about how well I use chopsticks and how cold Canada is and how much snow Tsuruoka has and do I like Japan blah blah blah.

We left the restaurant, hit the grocery store for milk and a few other essentials and then came home. F worked on my taxes again until he said that he couldn't do it anymore and quit. Poor thing. He went to bed early, but I just don't feel like it yet.

Anyway, that was my day. Hopefully my day off tomorrow will be good. Wish me luck! Night.

No comments: