March 18, 2010

Thursday - Cloudy but warmer. Most of the snow has melted.

A good day. I got up reasonably early today and stayed up. Wow. I watched the news and made coffee for myself. That was nice. I spent a quiet morning at home. I watched a bit of TV and had some yogurt. No big deal really.

I headed over to the school a little before 5. It's so nice that it is staying light a little longer. It doesn't get dark until about 5:30 or so now. Yay. I stopped at the drugstore and picked up a few things then hit the school.

Classes were fine today. My first one was quite good. We're finishing up the book in the next couple of weeks. The second one didn't go the way it was supposed to, but it was okay. We talked about the names for animals' young, and also places in which it would be good to live. My student picked San Francisco, I picked Victoria! At the start of class we talked about her going to Toyama to catch something. She was talking about a certain type of fishing that's done around this time of year, but couldn't quite remember the name of the animal that she wanted to catch. She got mixed up between squirrel and squid. It was rather funny and I think my student laughed harder than I did!

After class I finished up and asked F to pick me up. He did and we drove around looking for a restaurant. The first two were closed, the third was really busy, but we waited in the parking lot for a space to park. I had a veggie stirfry and he had udon. And complained about them as usual. Honestly!

We came home and had a quiet evening at home. There was nothing on TV so we just relaxed for a bit.

I'm presently blogging and listening to Adam Lambert again. I really like this cd. I'm not sure that I'll still listen to it next year, but for now it's fun. Anyway, I have to go. Have a good night. Bye!

No comments: