March 8, 2010

Monday - Cloudy, but not rainy.

Today was a better day. I went to bed late last night though and something unusual happened. F was snoring really loudly and facing me. Usually he faces away so it doesn't seem that bad. Last night was so loud that I had to wear ear plugs to get any sleep. And I hate earplugs! I am usually the snorer in this family.

I got up on time today in anticipation of the Academy Award show. It was on WOWOW again this year but they had an hour of Japanese pre-award show (painful) and American (fawning) before the actual award show started. I liked Steve Martin and Alec Baldwin together, although I was expecting a little bit snappier dialogue from them. Overall, I enjoyed the show, even though it was somewhere around 4 hours long. Personally, I'd have prefered it even longer! Some of the speeches were really good and some of them were terrible. There weren't too many surprises today, at least not until the end. I am very happy that Avatar didn't win the major awards. James Cameron may be Canadian, doesn't mean I think he should win! Kathryn Bigelow got the best director. I wonder how many years it'll be before another woman wins?

So, watching the Oscars took up most of my daytime. I did have lunch during the day and also did a spot of cleaning beside my computer. I put my books to read in boxes. I have about 3 boxes of books that I want to read. Please remind me of this next time I try to go to a bookstore for myself! I also have about 4 books that are partially read. They are usually non-fiction so at times I lose interest.

When F came home he said he was hungry so I made dinner fairly early while he snoozed on the couch. Tonight we had coro-coro steak with salad and broccolini. It was quite good. I served the steak with a range of sauces for dipping. F made the coffee and did the dishes after too.

We went off to my school to set the heater for tomorrow. I won't have to do that for too much longer hopefully. Then, F wanted to go to McDonalds. He was still hungry! He had a shaka-shaka chicken with coke, while I had an iced tea. That's it. Yay me.

We came home and watched the Oscars again. It was F's request, but he fell asleep on it! He toddled off to bed around 12 and I stayed up for a bit longer. I watched my Brit Com, Not Going Out. I'm just not sure about that show, but there are times when it is laugh out loud funny, so I watched tonight.

Anyway, tonight was very much better than last night. Tomorrow I have one class in the evening, so I hope to do a bit more spring cleaning and laundry too. Wish me luck with that! Night.

No comments: