May 18, 2010

Tuesday - Partially cloudy, rain at night.

A good day so far! I got up this morning and stayed up. Yay me. There wasn't any news on, but there was an old movie that I ended up watching. It was called Goodbye, Again and starred Ingrid Bergman, Yves Montand and Anthony Perkins. It was a sad little story, but interesting. Quite the product of the times. If it was written now I think the ending would be quite different.

I had a fairly quiet day at home. I made a pot of coffee and had some toast early on, then made my usual brunch. I watched a bit of stuff on the telly, but not as much as usual.

After my brunch I headed off to work and the drugstore. In the drugstore I got my anti-cold supplement (You didn't think I was going to try to spell echinacea at 2 am did you? Oh...er...oh) and a couple of other things to make me happy in the next week or so. I got to the school a little before 6 pm.

When I arrived I got very busy. I set up the water pot to boil, then cleaned the other chair that F brought to my classroom on Saturday night. I prepped a renewal request, then a lesson too. I managed to change into work clothes somewhere along the way too. Yay me.

My student came on time and was quite surprised to see the "new" furniture. She liked it. So far everyone seems to like it. Yay. She spent a lot of the class telling me about her recent seminar that she attended about Twitter. She's really into it and for her, I can see there are some definite advantages for her business.

After class, I had a cup of tea and did paperwork. I also checked the set up for my Thursday classes and got out some cards for the children's lesson.

F came and picked me up and we went to New York, New York for dinner. We both had chicken. He had his with bread, I had mine with the salad bar. After dinner we stopped in at the grocery store and I bought a few things to make dinner for tomorrow night. Yep, I'm going to attempt to cook. I'm hoping that if I do it, rather than make it a joint effort it'll go better. I don't guarantee it though!

We came home and watched So You Think You Can Dance, which was a repeat, but I think they're showing them in some strange order because last week's episode was about 6 shows away. (Or they're showing it every night instead of once a week.)

And that's about it. It was a fairly decent day. I'm glad that I didn't go back to bed this morning. Hopefully I can keep it going tomorrow. Tomorrow I'm hoping to work on a couple of projects I have, so maybe I'll fill you in on them tomorrow night. Night.

No comments: