I finally came up with a plan for this, my 1000th blog post. I have decided to mention a few things for which I am thankful.
1) I'm thankful for my gypsy childhood. Living in so many different countries before I was twelve gave me quite an interesting perspective on life.
2) For having parents that loved me, and a sister who, although I exasperate her, has been an amazing source of support in my life.
3) For books, even the ones I don't like! I have spent so many happy hours reading and learning.
4) For Friendship, with a capital F. For my friends near and far, both those I have met and those that I haven't met in person, yet.
5) For my students, who have taught me so much about perseverance and patience.
6) For my Funny Fellow who goes by F these days...for loving me, supporting me, and making me laugh even when I don't want to, I'm so grateful for you, m'darlin'.
7) For my readers...I know you're out there. Please delurk and say "Hello!" You know who I am, I'd like to know who you are.