1000th Post

I finally came up with a plan for this, my 1000th blog post. I have decided to mention a few things for which I am thankful.

1) I'm thankful for my gypsy childhood. Living in so many different countries before I was twelve gave me quite an interesting perspective on life.
2) For having parents that loved me, and a sister who, although I exasperate her, has been an amazing source of support in my life.
3) For books, even the ones I don't like! I have spent so many happy hours reading and learning.
4) For Friendship, with a capital F. For my friends near and far, both those I have met and those that I haven't met in person, yet.
5) For my students, who have taught me so much about perseverance and patience.
6) For my Funny Fellow who goes by F these days...for loving me, supporting me, and making me laugh even when I don't want to, I'm so grateful for you, m'darlin'.
7) For my readers...I know you're out there. Please delurk and say "Hello!" You know who I am, I'd like to know who you are.

6 comments:

Q. Le said...

Hello hello! Congrats on the 1000th entry. I haven't even come close to that many entries, and I've been writing since 2003. Best of luck with everything!

Orchid64 said...

You already know who I am!

Congratulations on your 1000th post! :-)

Helen said...

Q - Thank you!

Orchid 64 - Indeed I do.

Thank you both for commenting.

Rachel said...

Wow, congratulations! 1000! That's amazing... now are you going to go back and read them all?

Sherry said...

Happy 1000th!

Helen said...

Rachel, I actually do! Have you ever looked at the side where I have a link to Living La Vida Loca in Japan (Old Entries with this day of the month)? It links to my old blog and EVERY NIGHT, I update the little table and read all my old entries. Even the ones that go back before this blog was started.

Thanks Sherry! :-)