June 17, 2010

Thursday - Warm and sunny.

A good day. I went to bed a little late tonight, so I wasn't happy when I was awoken by a cat. Not a cute little fuzzy thing............ like thisbut a loud, slow-moving thing like this. It was passing by my window before 9 am. Grr. I'm am so not a good person to wake up. I got up for a while, tried to watch news, but I was denied! Sigh. Went back to bed for more sleep after a bit. Silly that, but felt good at the time.

I got up, showered, and then had a bit of leftover chicken salad. I spent a lot of the morning watching The Duchess with Keira Knightley and Ralph Fiennes. It was enjoyable and I felt for her in a way, but ultimately, I'm not sure if the movie actually had a point or not. She basically ended up the way she started. I read up on her on Wikipedia, so I know the story in the movie was a little whitewashed.

I got ready for work in the afternoon and left here just after 4. Luckily I made good time and got to my hot and toasty school quickly. I set up and changed.

Classes were fine tonight. The first one was finishing up the review. I think the student gets it, but he needs a lot of prompting. He needs more drilling I think.

Second class we spent rather a lot of time talking about the weekend and my student's guest. It was interesting and I think she enjoyed it. We did a touch of work at the end though.

I finished up and called F. Tonight for dinner we went to Moku-Moku and both had pasta. They had a Pasta Fair on so we got salad and drink bar with our pasta. Oh, yes, dessert too! We both had the same pasta, bacon and asparagus in a cream sauce. It was nice, but not exceedingly great.

We bought a few groceries in MaxValu, since we were close by and then came home and watched the end of ER. It was one of the ones with Jeannie Boulet back in the show. It was good to see her again.

F went off to bed an hour or more ago and I really should try and get to bed soon too. Yes, I say that every night, but I don't want to spend all of my day sleeping tomorrow. Gotta go. Night!

No comments: