June 19, 2010

Saturday - Cloudy with a bit of rain.

A pretty good day, believe it or not. I got up, checked for news (none) showered and then spent a bit of important time on my computer. F and I went out to Gusto for brunch and it was quite nice. I did feel a little guilty as one of the burgers I had was covered in garlic sauce. I tried to scrape off as much of it as I could.

Got dropped off at school, had a good class with my student. She's so sharp. I have to drill her about the definite and indefinite articles though, but that's pretty much the score for all Japanese people. Japanese doesn't use articles like "a" or "the" so it's hard to remember to use them.

After class finished, I turned off the AC, and all the other appliances in the school, grabbed my handbag and then jumped in our car. Hubby was waiting outside for me, bless him. We drove over to the dentist and I got worked on!

I didn't see too much of the actual dentist today, one of her assistants did most of the work, but it went well. Although they did numb my mouth, I didn't have too much done that would cause pain. They fitted my bridge, re-fitted it, ground it down a bit, and then repeat. It took ages, but finally they were happy with my bite. They actually wanted to grind down my top teeth to make it better, but I wasn't really prepared for that. I kept saying to F, "If it ain't broke, don't fix it."

We came home after my appointment and I spent a little afternoon time on the old computer. That was nice. Around 5 F drove me back to my school, and I turned all the machines back on.

My 6 pm student came and we had quite a good class. She's in high school, so really knows a lot of grammar, but doesn't speak as much as I'd like. Still, I'm working on it and she has made an improvement in that area. I also had to remind her about articles!

I got F to pick me up after class and we went to Cocos for dinner. By this time my mouth had finally lost its pins and needles feeling, but I just wanted something soft to eat, so I wouldn't have to work out my mouth too much tonight. I had a doria and salad, F had nasi goreng. It didn't taste like the stuff my friend Frank used to make in college, but it was okay.

We came home and F wanted to watch a movie. He picked Empire of the Sun. I tried to steer him away from it as it's a bit depressing, plus the Japanese are the bad guys in the movie. But, he wanted to watch it, so we did. It really is an excellent movie. I had forgotten that Nigel Havers is in the film, and I was really surprised to see that Ben Stiller was too. It must have been very early in his career. It was great.

After watching a bit of Pimp My Ride (F had DVR'd it??) hubby went to bed. I'm still up blogging away. I think I'm going to try and get to bed fairly soon. It's after 3:30 and the sun will be up soon. Yikes!

That's it for me. Gotta go. Night.

No comments: