June 20, 2010

Sunday - Cloudy and humid, strong rain at night.

A good day. I overslept a bit this morning and it was afternoon (barely) when I got up. F was watching weird stuff on the TV for a change. Still, he was quite happy.

We had an okay lunch in Grado and took them another load of newspapers. No big deal really. I had a barbecue chicken skewer and F had ginger pork. Mine was good, his was okay. Over lunch we decided what to do for the rest of the afternoon. In the evening we planned to see a movie and I had asked to go shopping at the mall. F had no plans, so I suggested going to buy him a pair of shoes. He agreed.

I knew the pair of shoes that he always wears is really battered, but when he took them off to try on a new pair of shoes, I got a shock. I could see the floor through the hole in the side of the shoe. Good heavens. He tried on about 6 pairs of shoes in the first place but wasn't pleased with any of them. He would have been happy to buy the first cheap pair of shoes that fit him, but I wouldn't let him buy them. We went to S-Mall and had a look there too, but the store didn't have any that met with his specifications. We decided to drive out to the mall.

At the mall we went to the shoe store and discovered that it was the same brand as the one in S-Mall. We couldn't find anything that was close to what he wanted. I suggested Jusco. We went there and there was a much better selection. He found a couple of pairs that would sort of do, and then found a pair he liked. I made him get a pair of cheap casual shoes too. His idea is to wear the same shoes to work as when he's off work. No wonder his shoes fall apart. They don't have any recovery time! He put the shoes in the car and then we went shopping again.

I wanted a present for one of my nieces and I'd done some pre-shopping a couple of weeks ago. We headed upstairs to Uniqlo and I got her some nice things. Well, I think they are nice! After that, we decided to have dinner.

Dinner was a non-event really. We went to a place in the mall and it was okay. Not great. I was getting a bit tired and my foot was really starting to hurt with all of the walking. After dinner, he went to the bookstore for a while, so I waited on a bench in the mall. It was fun people watching.

We went to Jusco again to buy him some socks. A lot of his socks are nylon/polyester type blends and they are so hot in this weather. He got a couple of pairs that are supposed to be cooler, and I got a couple of pairs too. Yay. It's harder for me as many socks aren't long enough for my feet, but I found a couple of pairs that are supposed to be okay.

By now it was time to go to the movie, but F wanted to take the socks to the car first. I told him to go ahead and I'd meet him at the theater. He did and I did.

We went to see Iron Man 2 and we both enjoyed it. I'm not sure if it was as good as Iron Man, but it was enjoyable and fun. I really don't understand when comic book adaptations take themselves so seriously.

We came home via the grocery store in the mall. I wanted to get some nice bread and we picked up a few other things while we were there.

On the way out of the mall I saw an ex-student from L'Eikaiwa and hid! He was a little strange and I spent a lot of energy worrying about him back in the days when I was his teacher. I didn't really want to run into him again. Luckily, F understood and hid with me!

We came home and had a quiet evening. F isn't having a good night, probably because of the rainy weather, so has just gotten up to take medicine. He's got to work tomorrow so definitely should have been sleeping for a couple of hours already.

That's it for my day. Have a good night!

1 comment:

Rachel said...

Glad to know I'm not the only one with a DH who wears clothes out! If it wasn't for a clotheshorse friend of his who hands him down his 'old' (read worn for one season) cool stuff DH would have no nice or new clothes at all!