June 5, 2010

Saturday - Cloudy in the am, sunny and hot.

An interesting day. I got up at 9 this morning to watch the news. It wasn't on of course. I took my shower instead, then did all the computer stuff that needed doing. After that I made breakfast for us. We had scrambled eggs on whole wheat toast with a slice of pastrami and some real cheese. It was really nice, even if I say so myself. F did the dishes while I did my teeth.

We went to my dentist and again, spent the next 2 hours or so there. I had various impressions made of my teeth and even had two temporary crowns made in preparation for the bridge. Sigh. I left with a very frozen mouth. We came home for a while. I was fine at first, but after a bit I really needed a nap so I took one. F decided he needed a nap too and joined me.

Around 3:30 we headed out to get some lunch and for me to go to my school. We had a late lunch at Gusto. I knew F wasn't too happy to go there, but I knew I could get some soft food and it was close to my school. Plus, they don't "close" after lunch like a lot of places.

At my school I had to turn on the air conditioner and get ready for work. I got changed and read a bit of the paper, then thought I'd better check the lesson plan. Good thing too as I ended up needing a lot of pictures of people and clothing. My student came on time and we had a good lesson. She's a lot of fun to teach.

After class I did paperwork, a slight cleanup, and some more reading. I expected F would call me, but he didn't. I called him at 8 and left a message. I texted him. Over the next 30 minutes I called him a few times and didn't get any answer. I was starting to worry. I had decided to walk home when he finally called me. He'd been working in the garden at his mother's house. It was dark by then and I can't help wondering why he didn't notice that I had been calling him. In fact, I'm really surprised that he didn't call me first, because he usually does. Anyway, he was okay, except he's had another run-in with a caterpillar. Sigh. He's a bit red on his arm. I'm hoping that he doesn't have a breakout like before. I am a tad worried that he could have a worse reaction this time, but so far, so good.

We had a yummy dinner in Grado. I had fish for a change as I wanted something softish for my mouth. I'm not in pain exactly, it's just that the crowns feel strange and I think I need to negotiate food a little carefully for the next couple of days.

We came home and watched a couple of episodes of Tru Calling. It was quite interesting really. One of the episodes had Jeffrey Dean Morgan in it. He's become quite popular since those days. After our DVD finished, I watched House and then F found a Japanese show on American pop music. They had an interview with Rick Springfield tonight and he looked terrible. He said he was 60 so I suppose it makes sense, but, he was so cute before! They even played the video of Jesse's Girl. Those were the days.

Anyway, I'm done. I have no idea what we'll do tomorrow. Hopefully it'll be okay. Wish me luck. Night!

No comments: