July 8, 2010

Thursday - Hot and sunny.

I got up this morning and checked for news. It wasn’t on, soccer was instead. I took a nap on the couch. I’m not into soccer this year.

After a bit I got up, did usual morning stuff and then had some soup. Today’s movie de jour wasn’t as good as the others this week, it was The Devil’s Advocate. It was interesting. I’d seen it before, but this time really noticed just how much scenery chewing Al Pacino did. Keanu was having a fairly “on” performance and it was nice to see Charlize Theron in it too.

In the afternoon I watched my usual Cold Case episodes. I had lunch and then left for work. I made good time to my school. It was nice today, I actually had people say hello to me along the way. That almost never happens.

My school was so hot when I got there. It was over 33 degrees. I couldn’t really believe it. I tried opening the window/door, but it didn’t really help. I got the AC going and also the fan to help circulate the air. It worked quite quickly to make it liveable there. After I got ready, I put out some drinks for my student.

When he came, he got to choose which drink he’d like, so he had some tea and then we started the class. Things went quite well today, except for the spelling test. Oh dear. Still, he tried.

I had an hour between classes so I read a bit of the paper and then again, put out drinks for my student. She chose a different kind of tea and we started class. It has been about 2 months since this student was in class, but things went quite well. In fact, a little too well. Since she’s in Junior High now and her class text is a children’s text she may have risen above it. We’ll see. Some of the lessons do get more difficult.

After class, I cleaned up, washed dishes, did paperwork and finished reading the newspaper.

F picked me up after I called him and we went to Moku-Moku for dinner. I had a cold pasta dish that was quite nice. It was summer vegetables with crab in a cheese cream sauce.

When we left the restaurant, we went to MaxValu to get something for dinner tomorrow night. I think it’ll be nice. F wants me to starry some asparagus. Of course that’s not difficult, but since I’ll be using my frypan for the main dish I’m not sure how to do it. I’ll figure it out I’m sure.

We came home and watched ER. It was an old one, but a good one. We had a bit of chicken that we got at the grocery store and just relaxed. I had a ton of email to read and it wasn’t all easy stuff.

Anyway, I’m done. I’m tired and I want to get some sleep soon. I really should try to get out earlier in the day tomorrow. If for nothing else than to mail off my niece’s present. I must do that!

I’ll talk to you tomorrow night most likely. Night.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

you know what? your blogs are the 1st blog that i would read(almost everyday)Since i follow your blogs,I'm starting write my blogs again.why? because you're like,my inspirations to do my blogs again and to tell you the truth i like that.now I'm taking Diploma in tourism management. Hope that we can share our opinion. Can we? I'm hoping that you can follow my blogs.
here's my blog:
http://sararapicnic.blogspot.com

Helen said...

Aw, thank you! I appreciate it.

Good luck with your diploma in Tourism. I checked out your blog and I'll keep reading for a while.

Take care!

Unknown said...

thank you Helen... about a minute there i thought you are going to ignore me. thank you Helen. same goes to you too.

Unknown said...

really? thank you so much. Finally i can have someone to 'talk' and share opinions with. i thought you are going to ignore me but you're not, thank you ms.Helen. i really-really appreciate it(i really am). Hoping that we can be friends and share our thoughts and opinions on our daily life. once again,Thank you for following my blogs.

Helen said...

Hi again Siti the twins

Just to let you know that comments seem to be a bit off. I'm trying to approve them, but they aren't going though. I've reported it to Blogger, but who knows how long this will take!