August 29, 2010

Sunday - Hot and sunny.

A mostly unpleasant day. I decided not to bother getting up early this morning and I’m glad I didn’t. When I did finally get up after 12, F was ensconced on the couch with the headphones on watching some Japanese Telethon. I waved to him, but he didn’t acknowledge me.

This basically went on for hours and hours. I cooked myself a light brunch and then he asked if I wanted to go out and eat. I said I didn’t. This kind of thing.

Finally we started talking and then arguing. Well, I tried to talk and tell him why I’m upset, but all I got was basically told that all my concerns were hormonal. Yeah, right. He tried telling me a few things that weren’t true, I called him on them and he admitted that he had made a mistake.

Anyway, after a bit, we went out to dinner. We went to Aki, the Hiroshima-style Okonomiyaki place we like. It was quite crowded but we got a table. We ordered and it took ages for our food to arrive. We didn’t really talk to each other.

After the meal we went to the drugstore to get some bug repellent because we were going to look at fireflies. Or so we thought. When we got to the place there wasn’t anybody there.

We drove around our city and went to Mr. Donut for a coffee and a doughnut each, then hit the grocery store for a few things.

We came home and F went to bed soon after. I spent a long time re-reading my blog and discovered that we went to see fireflies in June last year, so we were a bit late to see any this year.

I’m probably going to go to bed soon. I’m quite tired. Emotional upsets wear me out, and so does this weather. Shouldn’t it be cooling off a bit now?

Night.

No comments: