- In July I went to a few movies and they were a diverse bunch. I saw one film twice as I really enjoyed it, and what may be the most talked about film this year, Inception.
- Have you seen these? What were your impressions of them? Please comment below.
- 21) Inception - Leonardo diCaprio, Ellen Page, Michael Caine, Marion Cotillard, Cillian Murphy, Ken Watanabe, Joseph Gordon-Levitt (July 17, 2010)
- A very interesting film from a director who seems to deal with mind-trips. diCaprio runs a team of specialists that break into people's brains to steal information. He is given the task of dropping an idea into a businessman's mind and must deal with a new team member, an angry ex-wife and the defences of the businessman. A very unique film. Very much worth seeing.
- 20)Predators - See below (July 16, 2010)
I enjoyed it even more the second time!
- 19) Predators - Adrien Brody, Laurence Fishburne, Topher Grace, Alice Braga, Danny Trejo (July 11, 2010)
A sequel of sorts to the original two Predator films, this is a full on action film. Surprisingly, it isn't a stupid action film, but rather a well acted and interesting time at the movies. We start by seeing Adrien Brody freefalling and unconscious. He wakes up in a panic and then his parachute opens and he lands safely. The question is, where does he land? He finds others who have had the same thing happen and they band together, looking for answers. They realize they are being hunted and try to discover why and by whom. The actions they take seem logical and the story builds in suspense.
It is refreshing to see a balls to the wall action film that has a brain or two as well. The actors are all interesting and most of them are very believable as people who can handle themselves in tight situations. The biggest surprise for me was seeing Adrien Brophy as an action star. He completely fit the part.
A good action film that fits in quite well with the Predator canon. If you liked the original two films, you'll probably like this one too. Fun!
- 18) Up in the Air - George Clooney, Anna Kendrick, Vera Farmiga, Jason Bateman (July 4, 2010)
The story of a man who flies around the US firing people. He lives in hotels, rents cars and collects his mileage points. He has a goal. He travels lightly, just one carry-on suitcase, no family ties, no steady girlfriend. And then, he is asked to help train a young up and comer at his company and his life starts to change.
An interesting film about what is important to people. Great acting, well written, and quietly humorous. Worth looking for in theaters.