September 27, 2010

Monday - Sunny and warmish

An okay day. I went to bed late last night, but had to get up early today. Why? The fire alarm inspection guys were supposed to come. F had done a bit more cleaning this morning so things looked fairly decent. We waited and waited for the inspectors to come but they didn’t. Around 11 am I told F that I was taking a shower and if they did show up to please ask them to wait 10 minutes while I finished my shower.

When I came out of the shower F had a sheepish look on his face. He’d found the original note about the men and they weren’t supposed to come until the afternoon. Argh! Still, at least I was done with the shower.

We had to run a few errands this morning, so did that. I went by my school to pick up my hanko then to the post office. I cashed in my old money order, got a new one, and then used the extra money from that to pay for sending my forms off by registered mail. I ended up getting a grand total of 120 yen back, but at least I didn’t have to pay more!

We went for lunch then to the Sweeney Todd restaurant. I wrote about it before, a little restaurant where no-one ever seems to go. Again, there was no one there! The food was good too, so I’m not sure what is happening.

F wanted to go and get a massage so he made an appointment and went off for an hour. I stayed home and watched a bit of TV, nothing major. F came back for a while and then went out again to visit his mother and check that she was okay.

We had dinner tonight in Grado, the local Italian place and it was lovely. I had the pasta special which was mushroom pasta in a creamy wasabi sauce. It was amazing. F had a chicken stew dish that looked good except it had too much tomato for me.

We bought a few groceries at the store as I had to get new supplies for my school, and then came home. At home I watched a Miss Marple episode that was rather good. It had Polly Walker from Enchanted April and Martine McCutcheon from Love, Actually in it.

F went to bed, but got up a bit later to have a drink and some medicine. His back isn’t doing well I’m afraid. He’s finally asleep now.

And that’s it for me. A nice quiet day. I’ll be a little sad to get back to work, but on the other hand, I have bills to pay! Night.

No comments: