September 28, 2010

Tuesday - Cold and rainy

Today was okay. It was hard getting up this morning, but I finally managed. I never know if I wake up early if I should just get up, or go back to sleep. I should get up, but likely won’t.

I had a quiet morning around the apartment. I showered, got ready for work and then left. It was raining when I left and I did get a bit wet. Still, I had to get to work.

At the school I did a bit of dusting and other cleaning as it was needed. I checked everything and got ready for my first student.

She was a little late, but not too much. We didn’t do the work I’d planned, instead we ended up talking about Jazz Chants and I discussed a few things that I’d tried in the past. I think she’s planning to “steal” my ideas!

I had a long break in the middle which I used to drink tea and read newspapers. I didn’t quite get done. F called me in the middle and it was nice to hear from him. He was still working at 6:00 pm. He said he’d phone me at 8:15 after my student left.

My student and I had a great time talking about various trips and about Hong Kong. She’d never been there and was interested in it. We didn’t get around to the text either. Sigh.

After class I cleaned up, did a little paperwork and then waited for F to call. He didn’t so I assumed that he was working. I called him at 8:50 and he was really sleeping. Ahem. Poor thing was tired.

He picked me up and we went to New York, New York for dinner. F had udon, I had chicken that was quite nice.

We came home via the grocery store. F suggested making a nabe tomorrow so that’s what we’re going to do. It is getting colder.

We settled in to watch American Idol. Adam Lambert was the mentor this week and it was nice to see him again. When we were in Hong Kong, there were posters up in the train station for a concert he’s giving there on October 12 and I was thinking we arrived just a bit too early. I also wanted to steal the posters, but didn’t.

At 1:15 I started watching Dustin Hoffman on the Actor’s Studio. He’s very interesting. There was a second episode right after it, but I decided to tape it as I wasn’t blogging the way I should.

Anyway, that’s it for me. It was an okay day. Tomorrow I have a few things to do if the weather cooperates, so wish me luck on that. Night!

No comments: