September 3, 2010

Friday - Hot but rainy! Some sun in the afternoon.

I had an okay day today. I stayed home for the whole thing though.

I managed to get up at a fairly good time, then did some of my computer work. I really had a quiet morning.

In the afternoon I worked on dinner. I used the soup from Wednesday as a base and added some new veggies and base. I also prepped our pork chops for dinner. I used an old recipe that was a standby when I was younger. It was an old 4-H recipe, but I decided to try it in the slow cooker as the idea of heating up my oven just wouldn’t work for me today! It turned out to be a brainwave as the meat was lovely and tender and the soup turned into a nice sauce on top.

After all that cooking I was tired, so I went back on line and did a few other things.

F came home and he made himself some rice. While he did that I did a little last minute prep and then we ate. Over dinner, F was very quiet and then had to rush off to his office afterwards. He’d forgotten to bring something important back with him. That meant that I got to do all the dishes too. Yay for me. Of course he got back just as I finished the last item. And then he went to bed. Before 10 pm. Unbelievable, really.

I stayed up of course and watched The Ugly Truth. Roger Ebert had given it a bad review, but I thought I’d see how it was. The actors tried hard, but the story was lame and it was full of really bad language. In other words, I totally agreed with Ebert. I usually do!

After it finished I turned the channel and watched Top Gear. It was fun as usual. The Star in a Car person was David Tennant tonight, aka Doctor Who (Well, one of them anyway). Good stuff. He has a gorgeous Scottish accent when he talks.

And that was my day. It was a bit disappointing since I was hoping to spend some fun time with my husband, but he wasn’t feeling well. Tomorrow should be an adventure, one I’m not really looking forward to. I only have one class tomorrow, the evening one. Wish me luck! Night.

No comments: