October 10, 2010

Sunday - Very rainy but warm

A really nice day. I got a good night’s sleep last night, managed to sleep all through the night. In fact, I even overslept. I had planned to get up a bit early but it wasn’t to be. Sigh. Oh well.

When I got up, F and I discussed what we wanted to do. He wanted to go to Sakata for something so I suggested having lunch there too. We drove to Sakata and had lunch in Udoku, a very swank place! We had fish for lunch, with lovely appetisers and soup and then a very nice dessert.

We did a bit of shopping in Sakata. I didn’t buy too much today, just some new soap. I didn’t get the gorgeous soap I usually buy, I got a cheaper kind. I’ll see how I like it. We went to La Casa, a bath and kitchen store, then Yamaya to pick up some things for Halloween for my students. We drove home after that.

On the way back, I suggested going to see a movie. As it has been ages since we’ve seen a movie together, F thought that sounded like fun. We decided to go to the Tsuruoka theatre as it has a restaurant attached to it. So, we went home for a bit and then headed out again.

It was raining so heavily when we got to the theatre I didn’t want to get out of the car, even with my umbrella in hand. Finally we did and made a sprint for the building. F bought the tickets and then we had dinner. I had pork and veggie stir-fry and F had some pork on rice thing. We had dessert here too as we were ages too early for the movie.

We went to see Knight and Day. It was silly, but you know, it was fun too. It was an enjoyable way to spend a rainy evening. F said afterwards that he laughed enough at the movie and didn’t really need the subtitles, so hey, that’s good enough for me.

We came home via the grocery store and then vegged at home. F put on Veronica Mars which I enjoyed although I have no idea where I am in the story.

And that’s about it. He went to bed and I’ll likely follow soon. Today was a pretty good day. Hurray!

No comments: