October 12, 2010

Tuesday - Sunny and warm, with torrential showers for a bit.

Today was okay. I went to bed very, very late and overslept as a result. I didn’t sleep well as I started coughing when I went to bed. I got up, had a throat lozenge and then tried again.

This morning I watched some of the TV from the weekend and then got ready for work. I left a little earlier than I had to today as I wanted to go to the drugstore. I bought a few things, surfed the aisles for other things and then went to my school.

I got ready for the day and read some of the newspaper. My student surprised me by showing up about 10 minutes early. I wasn’t quite ready for her, but near enough that it didn’t really matter. We had a good chat but unfortunately I had a large coughing spell in the middle. Obviously my throat isn’t used to the chatting yet.

My second class went very well today. We got down to business quite quickly, although we did discuss the film we’d both seen this weekend, Knight and Day. (Possible spoilers…beware!) She wondered why it was called Knight and Day…why Day? It was a good question and she also mentioned how things switch around in the movie. First one person does the rescuing and by the end it was the other person who does it. I hadn’t even thought of it like that. I suggested she write my movie column for me this month! I never even thought of that. I pointed out that “night and day” is often used for opposites so they were probably incorporating that theme into the movie.

After class, I finished up and called F. He sounded really tired and said he’d had a bad day. I felt sorry for him.

He picked me up and we went to Fireball for dinner. We had the set dinners each. I had pasta with pork and vegetables in a tomato cream sauce and F had the Mexican chicken with rice. We shared our main dishes and were stuffed. Dinner was really good. We left and as F was paying I saw the Iggy Pop album Blah Blah Blah on display. I used to have that one when I was in college! It was rather infamous at my college for a while.

We came home via the grocery store. Over dinner I decided that I was going to make soup today. F asked for a bacon and vegetable soup….okay, and then bacon and asparagus stir-fry. Also okay, but that’s all he wants. I hope it’s enough for him. I did get us some fake French bread too, so that should stretch things out a bit.

We watched American Idol tonight and it was really good. Shania Twain was the guest mentor. They never once mentioned that she’s Canadian. And, during the results show, she didn’t sing. I kind of feel ripped off. That and the fact that my favourite got sent home was a bit sad.

Anyway, tomorrow I’m a lady of leisure, except I might make a trip to the post office. A certain important document has arrived and I have to go and pick it up, if I get time. This is one time where I might be too busy on my day off.

That’s it for me. I’ve got to go. Night.

No comments: