October 8, 2010

Friday - Sunny and warm

I feel like I’m being punished for something. My nose is both stuffed up and running, and I can’t take any more medicine until I’m about ready for bed. That will be soon tonight as I’m a bit tired.

Today was okay. I did get up early, but promptly fell asleep on the couch for an hour. I showered and got on with my day as best I could.

Around 5 pm I left the apartment to go to my school. When I got there I was busy putting things together for a meeting with a prospective student. F showed up to help me around 6:30 and at 7 pm she arrived. We talked for a while and I’m a bit sad to say I think the answer will be no. I don’t do what she wants. What I think the lady wants is to learn a bunch of set phrases that she can use with customers in her place of business. Unfortunately, I don’t think that is really English. One of her concerns was her menu and how to explain it to tourists. In my opinion, just getting a translated menu would help a lot! I might be able to do a few lessons with her doing what she wants, but as far as having a continuing relationship I don’t think it’s worth my time. Still, we’ll see. She’s “thinking”.

We had a cheap and cheerful dinner in Gusto and then went to the grocery store. Well, F did. I stayed in the car. I was quite miserable so I stayed in the car and played around with the stereo. I changed it from Queen to Dean Martin. I’m so evil. :-)

At home tonight we watched In Bruges and I quite liked it, up to a point. So much swearing and violence, drugs and guns. All things I usually like in mindless action films, but not in this kind of film. Still, it was well made and quite funny in places.

F has gone to bed and I really should get to bed early too. I have one class tomorrow evening which I really can’t cancel as I’ve cancelled the last two classes on the student due to my holiday and the Teacher’s Expo.

That’s it from me. Sniff, sniff. Night.

No comments: