November 25, 2010

Thursday - Sunny but a little cool.

A good day. Today I got up a little before my alarm and watched the news. I spent a bit of time on my computer before going to take a shower. No biggie.

I watched last night’s Ugly Betty and then as there was nothing on the TV, actually popped in a video and watched it for an hour. I watched Sense and Sensibility and was instantly charmed by Emma Thompson’s script all over again. She is such a great writer.

I got ready for work and left around 4 today. It was still sunny when I left, although the sun went down soon after I arrived at my school. I vacuumed today, and it really needed it!

My first student came and we had a good class. He’s improved so much lately. I know he’s getting English at school now too, and that’s good for things like grammar, but he really needs me to help him work on listening and pronunciation. It’s funny, when I first opened my school (and at L’Eikaiwa before that) I dreaded his classes, now I look forward to them.

During the time between my classes I prepped First Student’s next class and then read some of the newspaper. Had some coffee too as I was really tired.

My last class was good. We had a good discussion and went over some new vocabulary. I ended up talking about Madonna’s song Material Girl to see if it would help my student learn the meaning of materialistic. I don’t know if it did, but it was a bit strange for me!

After my student finished I did some paperwork, read a bit more of my newspaper and then called F. He picked me up and we went to Grado. I wanted to finalise the menu for my party next week. Yay. I think it’ll be fine. We had a nice dinner and then went to the grocery store for ingredients for tomorrow’s dinner. I’m going to do chicken wings, broccoli and cauliflower in a cheese sauce and salad. Yum.

We came home and watched ER. It was an okay one tonight. Mostly learning about one of the new doctors. F watched it and then went to bed. He’s so tired these days. Poor thing.

Well, that’s it for me. Tomorrow I have a few things that I need to do. I really hope to get out of the house a little early for a change. I’d like to go to the post office and maybe go to the mall. Wish me luck with that please! Night.

No comments: