December 5, 2010

Sunday - Sunny and nice in the daytime, a little rain at night.

Today was a good day. We got up a bit late in the hotel room in Sakata. We took a while to get packed up, but we did and checked out right at 11am. We wanted to have lunch in the restaurant in the hotel, but they didn’t open until 11:30. We drove around for a bit and then came back.

Lunch was good. The restaurant had a nice assortment of food to try. However, we’d just sat down when a group of kids and parents came in. F thought that they were a team or something. They weren’t that bad, but they were noisy and not what I was hoping for.

We drove back to Tsuruoka after lunch to pick up my watch from the jewellery shop. They aren’t really guaranteeing the fix-it job, but they didn’t charge us either, so hopefully things will be okay. Then we headed to the camera shop to pick up my Christmas Present. F bought me a lovely new camera to replace my one that borked on our trip to Hong Kong. I had that camera since just after we got married, so I guess it was a worthwhile investment. This one was cheaper and is supposed to be rugged. Hurray for that.

We spent some time at home while we relaxed and I tried to set up my camera. I had to spend two hours charging the battery first though.

We decided to go to Sakata again for dinner, so we drove to Kappa Sushi. It was fun and I ended up eating more than Fumihiko. Not sure why. Usually he’s the one that eats all the fish.

We came back home via the grocery store and then just had a quiet evening in. No big deal.
Yesterday, I had classes, so F and I had brunch in Cocos and then I went to my school. My first class was great as always, but my second student had to cancel. She had a good reason so I wasn’t upset.

F picked me up at my school and we drove to Sakata. We checked into our hotel and then took a taxi to the party. It was okay. It was a goodbye party for another English school owner and a friend of mine. He and his family are going to go back to Canada. I’m a little sad, but it is probably a good thing.

After the party there was karaoke, which was fun, but we had some mike trouble so that made singing difficult. It turned out that people were getting in the way of the connection between the microphone and the sound system and completely blocking the sound. It was annoying, but still fun.

We had planned to go to a third party, but to be honest, I was tired and we didn’t know exactly when the third party would begin. If it had been starting soon after karaoke we’d probably have gone, but I don’t like standing around while people make idle chit-chat.

We went back to the hotel via a convenience store and had an earlier than normal night. I didn’t get to watch Top Gear (sob) but I did get to watch Burn Notice. Yay.

Oh, and…I got “slammed” at the party. An older man came up to me and asked if I was the leaving teacher’s MOTHER. AHHHHH. I’m not that old. I don’t even look that old!

Got to get to bed. I seem to have developed a runny nose today and I want to get better soon. Wish me luck! Night.


jy said...

Having too much fun are we? LOL. Take care of that cold.

Helen said...

Thanks! I can't believe that I'm sick again. I'm not really over the last cold I got.