February 21, 2011

Monday - Clear and sunny

A good day.

I got up this morning and had a quiet morning around the apartment. I watched my weekend’s TV which was part good and part meh!

In the afternoon I got myself ready to go out and I made the trip to City Hall. I picked up my Alien Registration card. That was quite easy. Then, I hopped back on my bike and rode all the way to S-Mall. I rode most of the way, had to walk in a few places.

I hacked around the mall a bit, looked at DVDs, didn’t buy any, went to the hundred yen shop, did buy a few things there, and then had a quick go-round of the grocery store. I got myself some herbal tea that was being cleared and then headed over to the coffee shop. I had a tuna and cheddar sandwich and a cup of Royal Milk Tea. Yum.

I headed home after a little while. It was fairly easy riding, although there were a few places that I walked. The roads were so narrow that one car passed me so close that I think I could have reached out and touched it. It scared me.

F was home fairly early tonight, so we made a quick trip to my school to set the heater up, and then came home and cooked dinner. Tonight we had fresh pasta with 4 cheese sauce. I’ve never cooked fresh pasta before and I really liked it. It was quite different than the usual dry pasta I’ve made. It seemed lighter somehow. We had salad on the side with a vegetable F found at the grocery store last night. It’s from South Africa and is supposed to have a lot of water in it. It did have a very interesting texture. I also sliced some cold ham that I got a while ago so we’d have some real protein.

After that we had a quiet evening. Around 9 I was falling asleep at my computer, so I got up, put on my pyjamas and took a nap. F was watching boxing so I had no interest at all in the TV. I woke up feeling much better.

We watched Hell’s Kitchen at 11 and then F went off to bed. I’m still up, but will go soon as I’m tired again. Hurray for that!

Tomorrow I’m back to work. Should be okay, especially if the weather holds. Got to go. Night!

No comments: