February 23, 2011

Wednesday - Warm and sunny

An odd day!

Last night I stayed up very late watching a movie and I just didn’t feel like blogging when I should have. I’m up equally late tonight, but I do feel like blogging, so here goes!

I got up this morning and discovered that F had left his thermos behind. The last couple of weeks he has been taking a flask of coffee into work. He doesn’t have to buy drinks from a vending machine and hey, a flask is reusable, right? I drank some of the left over coffee and enjoyed it.

After the news was on today I channel surfed and found a Golden Oldie. Today it was A Letter to Three Wives with a very young Kirk Douglas, plus Ann Sothern, Linda Darnell and Jeanne Crain. I’d seen it years ago, and also a remake of it, but it was definitely worth watching again. Basically three wives get a letter from their group’s fourth member saying that she’s run off with one of their husbands. The women spend the rest of the day looking back on their marriages until they discover what happened. It’s rather an interesting film with good performances.

I did quite a bit of TV watching and didn’t go out at all during the day.

F came home around 6:30 tonight and after he changed we went out for dinner. Now, we were supposed to grab a quick bite, but we ended up bickering about where to eat. I finally agreed to F’s choice, even though I hated it, but when we got there, it was closed. Darn! He chose to drive off in search of another horrid restaurant halfway across the city. It was closed too. Meanwhile, he pulled into a restaurant parking lot to turn around and started wondering about it.

We went in and were quite surprised. It was a Japanese restaurant, very spiffy, with only a set dinner menu. F decided to go for it (it did sound good) and we had a great meal. We had fish done all kinds of ways and I liked it! I do like fish, I just don’t always like the same kind of fish that my husband does.

After the meal we left and went straight for my school. Of course by the time we got there it was after 9 pm. Sigh. F worked on my taxes for a while and I did some reading. After a while, F gave up. I don’t think he was feeling well, because he certainly started acting strangely.

When we got home he went to bed. He did have a bath, but he was in pain and not feeling well. I watched some TV and then started this.

Tomorrow I’m back to work, but not as early as on Tuesday. I’m glad about that. Talk to you tomorrow night? Bye!


Rachel said...

Sounds like the restaurant gods were smiling on you!

Helen said...

What a lovely way to think of it! Yes, they were indeed. Thanks for visiting :-)