March 4, 2011

Friday - Snowy and cold

Woke up this morning to a white world. It isn’t as bad as the January snow, but it’s enough that I really didn’t want to go out today. There were two or three inches of snow out there. Boo!

I stayed in during the day and worked on dinner. I wanted to try making a minced meat stew, like I had when I was younger. I chopped veggies and fried the ground meat, whacked everything into the slow cooker and left it. Yay.

Did another load of laundry today and watched the remainder of the TV from last weekend. It was…odd! I just took things easy here as there wasn’t much to do.

F called me and said he was on his way home so I got dinner into high gear. I started making dumplings and gravy for the dinner. I put the gravy into the crockpot (carefully) and then added the dumpling mixture. I let it sit for a while. I’d never made them before in my crockpot so I didn’t know how long to cook them for. Anyway, when I checked later they were done, so F and I had stew with dumplings and salad on the side. It was really good and I was quite impressed with myself!

We went out for a few minutes after the dishes were done. We paid a bill at the convenience store, then went to my school to set the heater. F suggested going somewhere afterwards so we ended up at Mr. Donuts for cafe au lait and doughnuts. It was nice and quiet tonight, the music was jazzy and it was fun being with my fella. On the way to the school he’d been trying to teach me katakana pronunciation of some loanwords. It was really funny and I was cracking up.

We came home and had a quiet evening in. I watched Numbers at 1:25 and F had a snooze on the couch. Now I have to get off to bed as I have a rather trying day tomorrow. I have to go to the dentist and I just hope she doesn’t lecture me about not going for my final visit last year! I didn’t have time really and didn’t see the point. That’s it for me. Night!

No comments: