April 11, 2011

Monday - Cloudy and rainy later on.

Another day, another quake. At least that’s how it feels in my little corner of the world. And we don’t have it as bad as people in other areas.

Last night I went to bed late, but it wasn’t a big deal as I had nothing planned for today. F coughed a lot and it was annoying because I was still mad at him, but I felt sorry for him too. It’s usually me in that position.

In the morning he left for work and I got up, watched some news and checked email. I realised that I was still quite tired so I decided to go back to bed for a quick nap before my alarm went off.

I got into bed and guess who came back to our apartment? My husband. He saw me in bed obviously, but didn’t say anything. I got up, closed the door and fell asleep for real. I have no idea what time he left, but it was quite late when I got up again. Oh dear.

I had a pleasant afternoon. I watched some of my taped TV, I did some computer stuff and I vacuumed the apartment again. It was sorely needing it.

I was still angry with my husband even though when he’d been home earlier he dropped off some English muffins for me. I was wondering how to be when he came home after work when the TV and my cell phone started shrieking. Another earthquake. This one wasn’t terrible for me. I stood in the doorway and wondered if I’d be okay. Obviously I was, but there continued to be a few quite strong aftershocks (after-aftershocks?) for a while.

F called me to see if I was okay and I decided to act like an adult for a while so I was almost nice to him. He said he was coming home and he had damaged the back of our car today. He backed into a wall. Hmm? Wasn’t there a reason for the back up camera being put in the car? It only works if you look at the monitor!

After he came home things were much nicer between us, so he got changed and we went out. We bought some gas for the car, I went to my school and set the heater for tomorrow, and then we went to a drugstore for some lipstick for me.

The next thing on the agenda was dinner, so I gave F a couple of options and he picked Cafe Frambois. We headed over there. We had a nice dinner together. I had steak and F had the Japanese set menu. I remembered to ask for tea instead of coffee. Oh, have I mentioned that? I’ve basically given up coffee. It pains me, BUT I have found that I sleep better and I don’t have to run to the washroom all the time like before. So, I’m pleased about that.

Anyhoo, after dinner we went to the grocery store to pick up some milk. Since we can’t buy yogurt in the store, F is making it. He goes through a ton of milk though. I also told him that since I was working late tomorrow night I wasn’t going to cook. He could cook or take me out. He’s going to cook. Yay. I think.

We came home and had a quiet evening in. Around 11 I put on a movie that was on WOWOW called Armored. I quite liked it. It was gritty and hard-boiled. I liked it and then after the movie I discovered that it was directed by the same person who made Predators last year. Yay for that.

And that was about it for me. F and I are okay at the moment. An apology would be nice, but I’ll never get one. Sigh. Tomorrow I’ll be at work for most of the day, so wish me luck! Night.

2 comments:

Mieko said...

Here in Utsunomiya we don't get Yogurt at supermarket. And usualy I make yogurt using "keffia" yeast.

Helen said...

The only kind of yogurt we get right now has a lot of sugar in it, and I don't like that! My husband makes it, but then he eats it! I don't :-(