May 18, 2012


Friday - Rainy, with clear patches

A pretty good and stay at home Friday.  I did a little laundry, also  had some of my yummy soup for lunch.  I had a shower…usual things.

F popped in early to grab stuff for his meeting, then came home early.  I’m sad to say I wasn’t that happy to see him.  I hoped I’d have more alone time before the weekend.

We went out for dinner tonight.  First up, we checked on the new Italian place. It still isn’t open. It’s going to be a buffet restaurant, which sort of scares me.  They aren’t always very good.  It’s also a little bit expensive, so if we go, it means that F (and probably me too) will eat too much to make it worth going.  Since it wasn’t open, we went somewhere else.

We had dinner at a cafe that we’ve gone to a few times.  It’s very nice, quiet usually and the food is good.  It was a good choice as I had exactly what I wanted, grilled chicken.  Yes, I know I’m boring.  Over dinner though, F dropped a bombshell.

His mother asked him to move back in with her.  

To clarify I asked if I was invited too.  Apparently so.

I told F that he was welcome to move back, but I would be staying where I am.

This scares me on so many levels that I can barely begin to explain why.  I think his mother wants a live-in skivvy.  She probably forgot what a terrible housekeeper I am.  I wouldn’t be able to make quick little trips to the mall like I do now.  The house is too far from the mall for that.  We’d be out in the boondocks of Tsuruoka, which is pretty damn out there. There’s the communication problem.  I haven’t learned Japanese in the 15 years that I have lived here, and don’t intend to.  I didn’t want to make F feel worse over dinner, but there is no way I will move back to that house the way it is now.  

We came back to the apartment via the post office to mail off a couple of postcards and then settled in for the season finale of The Walking Dead.  Awesome and freaky show tonight. I was terribly spooked.  Not sure I’ll be able to see season 3 as we only get this free channel until the end of September.

Watched a few other things on TV tonight including Desperate Housewives.  F spent 5 minutes trying to ask me if this was an old episode or not.  Nope, new to us.  He couldn’t remember if he’d seen it before or not.  Sigh.  I guess it is true that men don’t keep track of such things!

Anyway, that’s it for me.  It’s been a day and I’m just hoping that F and I can have a bit of time to talk about the dreaded topic. Wish me luck with that.  Night.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good Morning!
I can't watch The Walking Dead at all. It just seems such an awful scenario, actually i watch it until i get too scared which is about 5 mins.Wow, what a bombshell. I am surprised to read that when you have your own lives and home.
I am not sure what i am going to do when the free channel is no longer free too, I love it.

Helen said...

I know! I spend about half of the Walking Dead with my hands over my eyes...but I still watched it all.

The house is joint with his mother. They built it together. We moved out two years after we got married because I couldn't take it anymore. Living there was a nightmare for me, and she's been trying for years to get him back. She hadn't said anything for a few years, as far as I know.

Do you know about channel 256? D-Life? It's not bad. It has a few good shows, and they say it is free. I hope it isn't going away!

Thanks for commenting :-)