June 23, 2012

Saturday - Cloudy and a bit muggy.

Marriages are such fragile things aren’t they?  An unmeasured word, a thoughtless look and there are arguments and hurt feelings.  We had a bit of a blow again tonight, hopefully it is passing over.

I got up this morning, showered and waited for F to come home.  He did after going to two doctors.  He came back and a little while later we went out for lunch.  

I was dropped off at my school a little bit after 1 pm.  I got quite busy for a while. I had some dusting to do, plus general cleaning. I changed and got a bit of work done. I listened to a podcast on my computer, read the newspapers and then got ready for my student.  

She came on time, but will be quite busy next month.  We set up a schedule for the next month and off she went.  I spent a bit of time doing paperwork, then washed dishes. I finally called F and he came to get me.

We had a few errands to run so we dropped my computer off at home, then got some gas for the car. We drove off to the mall at Mikawa.  

We did a little shopping for my niece’s birthday present and got her something nice.  F did really well and made some great suggestions.  Then, he suggested going to see if there was a movie on soon.  We went to look, and there was one starting in about 30 minutes.

We put our shopping in the car, then tried to grab a quick bite.  F  wanted ramen and it was the only thing at one of the fastest places that was available.  I didn’t want ramen and asked about something else, but it wouldn’t be ready in time. I wasn’t really sure what was going on as F was talking to the server and wasn’t translating for me at all.  I was prepared to go and get a hot dog or something at the theatre, but F stormed off and had something to eat.  He wasn’t polite about it, so I sat down outside the food court and near the theatre.  And waited.  About 5 minutes before the movie was due to start, I saw him slink out of the food court through another exit and go down the escalator.  He didn’t even look for me.  There was no-one on the escalator so I yelled after him.  We stopped at the bottom of the escalator, had words, and then stormed out of the mall.  

We drove back to Tsuruoka in stony silence.  F went to bed, then went out.  While he was out, I had something to eat. F came back later, he ate something.  We didn’t talk for a long time, but then we started making bridges.  I think we’re okay now although F is sleeping away. 

I’m not sure what we’ll get up to tomorrow. I hope it’ll be good for both of us.  Got to go.  Night. 


Crafty Tokyo Mama said...

Sorry to hear you had such a crappy day. Hope today is better! I find weekends to be tough too. Can't imagine what the retirement years will be like...

Helen said...

Thanks CTM . Please don't bring up retirement! I don't want to think about that yet.

Hope you're having a good weekend :-)