June 3, 2012

June 3, 2012
Sunday - Hot and sunny, muggy

An okay day. I slept in and when I woke up checked my email and stuff.  After that, F and I went to Kappa Sushi for lunch. It was okay and they had some of my favourites available so I was quite happy to go there for a change.

After lunch we drove out to the mall in Mikawa. I needed to get more wool for my blanket.  We arrived there, I managed to get almost enough for the blanket and then F wanted to use the cash machine.  He did, we finished up in the mall and came back to Tsuruoka.  We had decided to come home and watch a DVD.

When we got back to our apartment, I made the changes necessary in my stash that’s registered on Ravelry.com and F turned on the TV.  He was watching boring Japanese stuff and seemed to have given up the idea of watching a movie.  I decided to take a nap.

During the time I was snoozing, his mother called a couple of times.  Once because she wanted him to visit, another time because the bank had called and he’d left his cash card in the machine! 

We drove back out to the mall and retrieved his card. Then we decided what to do.  As it was our second time there, we decided it must be fate!  We had a drink in the coffee shop and talked about dinner.  The only place I wanted to go was Cocos because they have big salads and that was really all I wanted.  F remembered the one near the mall, so we went there.  

We arrived, parked and went in.  And then waited, and waited and waited some more.  Finally, after 20 or more minutes we walked out.  The waitstaff weren’t really that efficient and the place was quite noisy.  

I suggested going back to the mall to the grocery store and checking out their deli and taking some things home for dinner.  Then we’d not be cooking, but we wouldn’t be spending as much money as at a restaurant.  F thought it was a good idea, but instead of parking behind the mall which was close to the store and not as busy, he wanted to go all the way around to the front. It was still busy there, but he did find an okay spot.  I think he must have forgotten what we were going to do on the way there because he kept veering off in other directions on the way.

We got a few things at the grocery store. I found a lovely caesar salad mix for myself, and got some Vietnamese type rolls to share.  F picked up some yakitori and fish for himself.  We came home.

Discovered that Never Let Me Go was on in a few minutes, so I asked F to clear off the coffee table so we could eat in front of the TV for a change.  Talk about slow.  Each piece of paper had to be moved separately.  Egads.  I did the last few bits in double quick time.  

F watched the movie and he seemed to get it too, despite his cellphone being glued to his hand in the second half of it.  It’s such a sad, beautiful story really.  

I watched half of The Hangover Part 2, but it wasn’t very good and so I changed the channel for old Desperate Housewives.  Much more fun. 

That was my day basically.  F and I had a cup of tea later on with a brownie.  That was nice.  

Tomorrow I’m off work.  I’m not sure what I’ll get up to. Hopefully I’ll be able to do a bit of crochet!  Got to go.  Night.

No comments: