June 8, 2012


Friday - Hot and sunny

A good day.

I didn’t get up very early today, I kept sleeping through my alarms.  F was up and was doing some work in the living room though.

I finally got up and we had a pleasant chat.  As always, he wanted lunch, so I suggested the new buffet restaurant.  We went there and were quite pleasantly surprised.  The food was very good and the building itself had a complete makeover.  It was gorgeous and sunny inside.  What we didn’t like was the wait-staff kept shouting each time someone new came in, and not just the usual Japanese greeting.  Still, it was an enjoyable experience and we’ll probably go back someday.

After lunch we went to a post office where I bought something and sent something off.  We also got some really beautiful stamps with Ikebana arrangements on them.  Gorgeous.

We came home after that, although F made a brief trip out.  I watched the TV I’d been wanting to see, Brad Pitt on Ellen.  Yay!  While he was on I did something I should have done long ago, I cleaned gunk out from under my keys on my keyboard.  Yuck.  I learned my lesson from my last computer not to lift up the keys (the caps break off and make typing very difficult), so I used a piece of soft pliable plastic to remove the dust.  It worked rather well.

I started working on dinner and it took a while.  I made stew tonight with ground beef and pork, plus lots of veggies. It had kabocha, potatoes, carrots, mushrooms and onions in it and it was good.  F and I were still quite full from lunch, but he did have a small bowlful of it and so did I.  There are lots of leftovers for tomorrow.  Yay.

We had a quiet evening in.  We watched Red Riding Hood, which wasn’t very good, and then turned over for a humdinger of an episode of Desperate Housewives.  It was a really good one tonight.  It was the one where Paul Young is going to get a medal from the city, but Lynette organises a protest.  I did a few rows of crochet during the show.

After watching the show, F and I had quite a serious talk about money.  I’m really glad that we did to be honest as F has a way of not coming out and saying what is on his mind.  We’ve both decided to be a little more thrifty over the next few weeks.  

And that’s about it.  Tomorrow I have an early class and then I’ll see what we can get up to in the evening!  Hopefully it’ll be something fun.  I have to go.  Night!

2 comments:

Crafty Tokyo Mama said...

Those ikebana stamps really are pretty, aren't they? New Hello Kitty stamps come out on the 22nd of this month, with a summer firework design. I can hardly wait!
Your postcrossing club really has caught my interest. Must investigate it more. I love sending and receiving fun mail like that.

Helen said...

The ikebana stamps are gorgeous. I saw the one and only packet of them in the post office and I twisted F's arm to make him buy them! New Hello Kitty stamps! Great :-) Thanks for the tip. They are quite popular with some people that I send to.

And the URL is Postcrossing.com if you'd like to check it out for yourself. I'm also happy to answer any questions that you have about it...as much as I can that is. There are a few people who send free cards or not great cards, but honestly, the nice people far outnumber the cheapskates! And it is so nice to get real mail these days...not bills! :-)