July 26, 2012


Thursday - Hot and humid

A good day.

I went to bed early last night so managed to get up at a reasonable time for a change.  I was up and watching SATC when F popped home for a minute to bring me some tai-yaki.  Yum!  He brought me a German Potato one and a custard one.  Very nice husband!

I had a quiet day at home. I did a couple loads of laundry and then hung them up.  I also took a nap for a while. I get so tired when it is this hot.

In the afternoon I read a bit of my book and ended up finishing it tonight. It was The Hunger Games and I really enjoyed it. I’m looking forward to getting the other two parts.  It was so much more enjoyable than Twilight.

F came home and we vegged for a while.  We talked about dinner and finally decided to go out for Sushi.  We went to Kappa tonight and it was still busy.  Still, it was quite nice and we enjoyed our meal.  We had many different kinds of sushi and some cold chawanmushi that was very good.

We tried to buy groceries after dinner, but there was nothing I wanted to make.  Finally I suggested that we come back tomorrow and get some of the cold roasted meats that they sell. I think that would be a nice dinner.  

We watched a bit of TV tonight. I watched The Listener. It’s a Canadian show that actually is set in Canada.  The killer in the episode I saw came from Edmonton and they kept talking about Edmonton so I laughed at it a lot.  

F watched the end of his Airport movie…this was the Concord one.  It was okay, but I think we have the dvd.  And that’s about it really.  I was reading, F was relaxing before he took his shower.  He’s in bed now and I think I’ll try and get to bed soon too.  I haven’t been sleeping that well with the heat.  

I hope to go out under my own steam tomorrow. I’ve been stuck in the house for the weather for a bit too long.  Wish me luck with that.  Got to go.  Night!

2 comments:

Perogyo said...

I looked up the Listener after you mentioned it on FB, can't wait to watch!

I love custard taiyaki. Love. So hard. Now I want one!

I'm really glad you liked THG. I was like that too, stayed up all night after starting it. ;)

Helen said...

The hero of The Listener has the bluest eyes...almost wonder if they've done some CG magic to them. It's not the best show ever, but it's so cool to see a show that is filmed in Canada AND takes place in Canada!

The taiyaki delivery just happened once before. Hubby just comes in, drops off the bag and leaves! I have to chase him down to say thanks.

THG was excellent. Lovely to read a smart girl who is making the best of a bad situation. And Peeta sounds like a nice guy...it's an interesting situation. I'm going to have to look for the next two books...or bookmooch them maybe.

Just to let you know, the film is supposed to be coming to Japan next month. I think I'll make my DH go if it plays in English up here. :-) Jennifer Lawrence plays Katniss and she's a pretty good actress.