August 20, 2012


Monday - Hot and Sunny (Getting boring isn’t it?)

An okay day. 

I got up this morning and took a shower, watched The O.C. and then pre-cooked the broccoli for dinner.  F likes it cold and I don’t mind it that way. 

I wrote up a couple of postcards today too, and then took them to the post office just before 5 pm.  Some of my cards are finally travelling. I do have one that seems to be stuck.  Bah.  

F came home at his normal time and we relaxed for a while.  I cooked dinner after a while and it was quite nice.  We had couscous, salad, chicken and broccoli. 

After dinner, we relaxed some more and watched Ocean’s 11, then I watched Rizzoli and Isles followed by Torchwood.  It’s darn spooky/scary.  Typical of the way I feel about Dr Who as well.  

That’s about it.  Last night before going to bed I finished my book Wake Up, I’m Fat by Camryn Manheim.  It was okay, but I wouldn’t say it was great.  She’s quite a character and I’d love to meet her, but am not sure the book did what she wanted it to do.  

Tomorrow I think I’m going to go for tea or something to the mall. Maybe I’ll get started on my Journal article for this month.  I have a lot to do in the rest of the month that is remaining.  

That’s it for me.  I hope tomorrow is a good day too.  Night.

2 comments:

Rosa said...

I read Manheim's book years ago, when it first came out, and I had almost exactly the same reaction to it. (Still loved her on The Practice though.) My favorite book along the same lines was Fat!So? by Marilyn Wann. It's not a novel or memoir, but it's a fun, positive read.

I have to say: cold cooked broccoli? Yikes!

Helen said...

My husband likes it that way! He smothers it with Japanese Mayo and enjoys it. I like that he'll eat broccoli at all, so I don't mind too much. I steamed it so it was still slightly crisp.

Japanese people rarely eat raw veggies...you should have seen his face at my sister's house when she presented him with raw cauliflower, carrots, broccoli and other raw foods for dinner! He liked it, but was terribly surprised.

Thanks for visiting :-)