August 5, 2012


Sunday - Hot and Sunny

A good day.   I got up late this morning (okay, afternoon), but F did too, so no biggy. He was watching TV with the headphones on when I finally got myself out of bed.  

We vegged around the apartment for a while and then went for a very late brunch to Kintaro Sushi.  It was very nice and we enjoyed ourselves.  

After that, we had to decide what to do with ourselves.  We did a bit of driving around and then F took me to the market near Komagihara Park.  We looked around and I got some zucchini for a reasonable price, also a garlic head, a couple of red onions and some bagels for tomorrow’s breakfasts.  Yum.  He tried to take me to a coffee shop which was closed, only we didn’t know it was.  We both walked in and there was no-one around.  We were going to leave, but F had already pushed the button asking for service.  A very surprised woman showed up and told us nicely they were closed.  She did offer to make us something, but we backed out as fast as we could.  

We ended up at a coffee shop called MILK and had Russia tea there.  What is Russia tea?  It is tea with jam or marmalade in it!  I was surprised, but it was quite nice.  It was nice to sit in a cool room and sip hot tea.  I didn’t want to leave.

We came home for a while and vegged.  F watched more Olympics, but around 7 we went out for dinner.  F picked yakiniku, so that’s what we had.  We went to a far off restaurant and had quite a nice meal.  I had hoped they would have a salad bar open as they have had one the last couple of times we were there, but it wasn’t available tonight.  

We hit up a grocery store on the way home and I picked up a few staples for tomorrow.  I still have to go out to the grocery store at some point tomorrow afternoon to get stuff that I couldn’t find tonight.

At home I watched Sherlock while I tried to figure out a problem on my big time-waster site. I didn’t have any luck.  Sherlock was great though. I really wish I’d paid more attention to it at the beginning.  

F watched more Olympics after my show. I can’t really get upset, heaven’s knows I don’t let him watch a lot of things that he likes!  He went off to bed a few hours ago and then I’ll probably go quite soon. I have a few things I need to accomplish tomorrow so I really hope they go well.  Wish me luck.  Got to go. Night!

No comments: