August 6, 2012


Monday - Hot and sunny, with clouds and thunderstorms too.

An okay day.  I woke up early and brought the fan into the bedroom.  I went back to sleep and woke up when F came home looking for his cellphone.  He didn’t find it because it was in his car, but at least I got up!

I drank some of my cold tea and vegged for a while before watching SATC.  I think that this channel is editing the episodes because I am remembering scenes that they don’t show.  

I had a fairly quiet day at home. I finally roused myself to do a bit of laundry and did a big load.  I got it hung in the drying room and decided to wait for F before going to the grocery store for something for dinner.

He got home around 5:30, not as late as he thought he’d be.  He relaxed for a while, he registered his Postcrossing card, and then he watched some of the Olympics.  Meanwhile I was getting more and more hungry. Finally, at 7:00 pm when he still hadn’t stirred himself, I told him that I wasn’t going to cook today and we’d have to go out for dinner.  

We did, finally, to Grado.  I packed up the newspapers and we took them over.  I had a really good meal, and F had a doria which looked nice.  

After dinner, we drove to the grocery store but they didn’t have any ground meat except tiny packages of chicken. I would have liked that, but it was a bit too expensive.  F offered to go to the other further away grocery store so I said okay.  

On the way to that store, we stopped at the drug store for some no-name sports drink mix.  F has been drinking it a lot this summer.  Last year it was me, this year it is him!
At the grocery store I got some ground pork, and the local foodie magazine, and then we came home. 

F watched a bit of the Olympics but I took over the TV for Rizzoli and Isles and then Torchwood.  F was in bed by midnight.  

Tomorrow I’m not sure what I’m going to do.  I have a few things that I should do, but who knows if I’ll get them done. Oh, and I am going to use my slow cooker to make stuffed zucchini.  I just hope that it works out!  Wish me luck with that.  Night.

No comments: