August 7, 2012


Tuesday - Cloudy and cooler.  Hurray!

A good day.

I got up this morning and it was cool.  Yay!  There were big dark clouds outside and a wind for a change and it just wasn’t hot today.  I am so happy.  I have been quite depressed from the heat. I just don’t like it.  Give me cold any day.  Keep the snow though!

I got started on dinner around noon.  I was making stuffed zucchini in my crockpot.  I halved the zucchini and then hollowed them out.  F came home in the middle of my cooking and ate a bento.  He’d left his Thermos at home this morning so he wanted to pick it up  He brought me a bit of duck to eat, so he did think of me!  

After he left, I continued my cooking.  I browned the ground pork and then added the insides of the zucchini which I chopped up, and added half an onion plus a clove of garlic.  I cooked it all for a bit, then took it off the heat and cooled it down a little and added a little spaghetti sauce.  I spooned some of the meat mixture into the zucchini shells.  I placed the shells in the crockpot.  I had to layer them, but all three zucchini fit.  I covered the zucchini on top with the remainder of the spaghetti sauce. I let them cook between 5 to 6 hours on low in my crockpot.  I realised later that I had meant to add some breadcrumbs but had totally forgotten them. It didn’t matter anyway!

I had a quiet afternoon. I decided to do another postcard, so I wrote one out, scanned it and then ran it, plus a gift for a friend to the post office. 

I came home and relaxed for a while.  F came home around 6:00 and immediately tried to change the TV channel. I was a bit perturbed because I was watching ER.  Grr.  He went and had a nap for a while.  I made sure he wasn’t upset with me and then got on with dinner.  

I washed the lovely looking orange tomatoes we bought this weekend, and then set the table.  I added a bit of cheese to the top of the zucchini and let it melt, but decided I wanted more.  I took a few of the boats out carefully, put them on a tray, covered them with more cheese and then put them in the toaster oven for a couple of minutes.  Then, I called F for dinner.

We had stuffed zucchini with salad and orange tomatoes. I thought it was very nice.  F said he liked it, but a bit later he said that it felt heavy in his stomach.  It didn’t stop him from eating something else later on though!

This evening was quite quiet.  F watched a lot of Olympic sports, I charged my iPod and then listened to a few podcasts, which I have enjoyed tremendously.  I’ve listened to both Canadian and British ones and they are just so interesting.  

That’s about it for me.  I had a good day.  Tomorrow night I am going out with a friend to see a movie.  I hope everything will work out for us.  Wish us luck!  Night.

No comments: