Postcrossing - Incoming

To July 30, 2012

I've only had a few postcards so far this week.  It has definitely been my husband's week in the postcard department.  He has received at least 5 this week!

However, because I only received a few, it shouldn't take too long to write up my lovely cards, and not too long for you to read about them.  Let's get on with it!


I received this gorgeous card from China on Saturday. The sender didn't write anything on the card except for "Hello" in English and Chinese, so there isn't much to say about him.
Spring Bamboo in Jinggang
I love cards with rivers and streams like this on them.  A nice card for me!

Jikra sent this card from the Netherlands.  She writes that summer has finally started this week after lots of rain.  She says it is great because it is also the start of summer holidays.

Amsterdam
This card has a couple of buildings that are a little shinier than the others.  There is a special glossy cover over them. I think you can just see the effect of it in the scan above.

Dmitry, a 45 year old Russian sent me this card of Lake Baikal, the most beautiful lake in the world (his words!) It is a UNESCO site and is apparently one of the oldest and deepest lakes in the world.  Dmitry lives in Siberia.

Baikal. Baikal Ridge
 Dmitry also used some interesting stamps on the back of the card.  The airplane one is very nice and I'm sure my husband is horribly jealous of it!
There you are, three great cards.  What do you think?
Until the next time the mailman brings me a card....

2 comments:

Jackie said...

I've been reading about your post crossing for a while now and have found the idea interesting. I love to recieve real post not just bills, so I have just signed up for post crossing and will send my first card tomorrow. Thanks for blogging about this!

Helen said...

Great! I hope you enjoy it. It has been a lot of fun for me. If you have any questions, please feel free to ask.

One little thing to beware of is that people may write you and ask you to exchange Gotochi postcards. It can get rather annoying. You don't have to do any exchanges that you don't want to do though.

Thanks for reading my blog. Happy Postcrossing!