September 14, 2012


Friday - Warm and sunny - lovely day

Happy Anniversary to Me and F!

I got up this morning and watched my show, read the newspaper, had some breakfast and took my medicine.  I wrote a couple of postcards too this morning and got them ready to mail out.  

I didn’t feel very well today and my cough was really bad.  It’s so bad that I looked up the symptoms of whooping cough, but I don’t think that it is that.  My stomach is sore from coughing, and lets not even mention my throat. 

I had a quiet afternoon around the apartment and then around 4:30 went out to mail my cards and to buy some new stamps.  I got a lovely nature pack.  Lots of birds, animals and bugs. Japanese stamps for inside Japan are really beautiful.  The overseas ones, not so much!

I came home again and F followed not too late after me.  He’d had an okay day at work I think.  He is off work for a week now.  Lucky bum!  I still have to work tomorrow!

I made dinner tonight. It was a stir-fry but it let me empty out the fridge of some of the veggies that had been in there for a while.  Yay.  It was darn nice too. I managed to get it to the point where the veggies were still a little crisp, not soggy.  Hurray.

We ate and then F did the dishes.  Some TV was watched, and then at 10pm I watched Castle.  Apparently BS 103 is going to start running Castle, the Nathan Fillion show. I like him, he’s an Edmontonian! It was a cute show. I think I saw the episode back in Canada, but will try and watch the rest of the show. 

Then, Torchwood.  What can I say?  A crazy mixed up Sci-fi where no one is safe and Captain Jack Harkness saves the world again.  It was awesome.  My Friday/Monday nights won’t be the same without it.  

And that’s about it for me.  Oh, last night, I surfed the web looking for an old friend of mine and found her…on Facebook!  I was really happy. I lost touch in the first few years after I got married. It was hard to keep in touch for a while with a lot of people.  F seemed to demand all my extra non-work time! I also surfed the net last night for something a whole lot sadder.  My student that was murdered in New Zealand, I wanted to see if there was any new information and there doesn’t really seem to be.  There were some pictures of her on the net though and that surprised me.

Okay, I’m done.  If I can stop coughing and get some sleep.  I’m not sure that I’ll be able to.  I am really hacking away.  Night!  (I hope)

PS….not done yet it seems…11 years ago F and I registered our marriage at the City Hall in Tsuruoka.  

No comments: