October 25, 2012


Thursday - Cloudy then rainy with added earthquake fun!

Had a good day today.  Had a long, busy day today!

I went to bed very late last night. I wanted to as much of my usual stuff as possible.  

This morning I got up, I didn’t want to, but I did, and got ready to go out.  Today I was off to the Mikawa Mall.  I walked to the bus station in S-Mall and checked the cost of the bus to Mikawa.  I had a nice bus ride over.  The bus wasn’t crowded for a change and the ride seemed shorter too. Hurray for that.  

When I got to the mall, I had a quick, cheap,and not so great lunch at McDonalds and then went shopping.  I didn’t buy too much at first, but I did a lot of scoping out.  I even walked over to the hardware store that’s next to the mall.  I didn’t buy anything, but I looked.

I went to see The Raven, with John Cusack.  John Cusack is a very tall actor, but Edgar Allan Poe, whom he played, was not tall.  Apart from the height difference, which really he couldn’t do much about, Cusack did a good job as Poe.  Unfortunately, the movie was rather a mess.  There were good moments, but overall, I wouldn’t recommend it.  

After the movie I went and bought some of the things I’d scoped out, and even tried on a few things in the Ladies department.  I didn’t buy anything, but I did think about it.  If Christmas wasn’t coming I probably would have got myself something. 

I had a break at Mr Donuts and then F called to say he was finished work.  I told him that I would wait for him at the entrance in Jusco by the food court.  He had to pick up his suit in Jusco, so it would make sense to park near the entrance to the store.  Twenty minutes later I got a call from him wondering where I was.  He’d gone to the far end of the mall and couldn’t find me.  He walked down the mall to meet me and I walked up.  I showed him a jacket that I saw earlier and asked what he thought of it.  I’d like him to get a cozy jacket to wear in fall.  He liked it, so I asked if I could get it for him as an early birthday present.  It was okay, so I did.  We picked up his suit as well, and then made the long trek to the car.  

Dinner tonight was at an okonomiyaki restaurant, the kind where you make your own.  It was good, but I wish we’d had something else with our okonomiyaki.  We both got hungry later on.  While we were in the restaurant, F noticed that we were having an earthquake.  It was around a 4 in Miyagi and between 1 and 2 where we were.  

On the way home we stopped for groceries and then gas for the car.  We had a quiet evening at home.  I went over to the couch at 11:15 for a bit of hooky and The Good Wife.  I like that show, F was antsy and made all kinds of noise through it.  I managed to hold my tongue tonight!

That’s it really.  My feet are sore and my wallet is a little emptier, but I had a good day. It was really nice to be out and about by myself again.  Got to go.  Night!

No comments: