October 4, 2012


Thursday - Cloudy, then warm and sunny

I had a good day today. It was a little different from my usual Thursdays lately, but that’s a good thing!

It did start with a phone call again. One of F’s co-workers this morning called before 7:30am.  Egads.  Off with his head!

I went back to sleep and got up before 9 again.  I did my usual morning stuff, had an early breakfast and read the paper while watching Ghost Whisperer.  I showered and used my computer for a while.

I cooked my lunch a bit later and had a nice one.  I had leftovers from last night, plus a couple of other things.  After I did the dishes, I left for my school.

I set up for my class today and did a bit of prep work as well.  My student came on time and we had a good class.  After our class we started talking about some topics that were definitely not usual ones for an English lesson!  I was a tad surprised honestly. 

When my student left, I switched on my phone again and discovered that F had texted me.  I texted him back and then did my paperwork and set up for tomorrow.

I phoned him and discovered that he was on the way to my school. I told him I’d meet him outside and then did.  

We drove out to the mall, but halfway there I asked him about our movie point cards.  When I went to Kobe, I had taken them out of my purse and had given them to him in case he wanted to see a movie while I was away.  He hadn’t given them back.  We turned around and went home for them.  When we got home, I suggested that he take my bike out of the boot as it was still light enough to see what he was doing.  

We found the cards, got back in the car and headed back out to the mall.  We had a yummy bibinba each and then an ice cream at Baskin Robbins. I had Chocolate Raspberry Truffle…amazing! and F had Jamocha Almond Fudge which used to be my favourite many years ago.  

After a 100yen/5 minute massage in the chairs near the movie theatre, we went to see The Hunger Games.  I thought it was really good.  I like Jennifer Lawrence and think she really is an actress to watch.  The movie was very well done and we both enjoyed it.  It was over two hours long, which surprised me, but the first part did set the scene for people who didn’t read the book.  

We came home after the movie and spent a quiet evening in.  I watched The Good Wife, which has just started up again, and then when I channel surfed, found a Canadian drama called Heartland.  It was set in the country, so it had cows and farmers and kind of made me homesick!  The cows were making a right noise, as they do.  Can’t even think about how many years it has been since I’ve heard cows make that kind of noise! It was set in Alberta, for added homesickness!  

And that’s about it.  I’m not feeling all that great.  Some of my medicine finished yesterday and I feel a bit achy and wheezy today.  F might take me to the doctor this weekend, I’m not sure.  We’ll see how it goes.  Night. 

No comments: