November 4, 2012


Sunday - Cloudy and a little rainy

A good day.  

I stayed in bed quite late today too. We didn’t go to bed until very very late last night.  I slept in but got up earlier than yesterday.  Yay!  F had taken the bread out and sliced it.  He even fed me a piece…but only one.  I would have liked more, but that’s the way things go.  

He was watching TV and not shaking a leg, so I went back to bed with the newspaper and read it.  That was good.  A bit later, we went out for brunch to his favourite Chinese restaurant and had lunch. It was quite nice.  We had chahan and soup or ramen, plus a few other things. It was very delicious.

We came home so that F could watch a movie on WOWOW. It’s usually me that wanted to watch something, so I was happy to let him take the lead for a bit.  He watched it.  It was an animated movie called Friends.  It seemed a little silly to me, but I couldn’t understand it at all.

After it was over, he asked if I’d like to go out for coffee.  I said yes and we proceeded to try to find somewhere to go.  We tried a bunch of places in Tsuruoka, but couldn’t find anything open.  I suggested a place in Yunohama, but when we got out there it was closed.  We did swing by the ocean so F could see the port and if people were fishing.  He’d asked me to go fishing this weekend, but Saturday was really rainy and today I didn’t feel like it.  

We ended up at Mikawa Mall in Seattle’s Best coffee for our drinks.  I had a chai latte, F had a Java Kula.  Mine was great.  We spent a bit of time in the craft store. I was looking at crochet pattern books and Japanese calendars.  Neither of us bought anything.  We decided to come back to Tsuruoka for dinner.

F suggested going to an izakaya as he could have some fish there. I was happy too as I like the one he suggested and I could order not fish as well.  It wasn’t too busy and we had quite a lot of lovely food.  My favourites were the salmon carpaccio and the caesar salad.  Yum.  

We bought groceries as well for tomorrow.  We’re going to have  a seafood nabe with chicken.  I think it’ll be good.  We came home and watched the end of Knight and Day.  

After that, I put on Love and Other Drugs and we both watched it. It was quite an interesting story.  A drug rep met a woman with early onset Parkinson disease and they started seeing each other.  It was good, but had a lot of nudity and bad language.  F hadn’t planned to watch it, but ended up catching most of it.  

Tomorrow I have a lot of things to catch up on.  I have a lot of Postcrossing cards to scan.  Some I’ll be sending, some I’ll be writing up for my blog.  I also should wrap and send my sister’s birthday present AND go to the bus station and buy my bus tickets for my trip to Sendai next month.  Wish me luck with that!

Got to go.  Night.

No comments: