Postcrossing - Incoming

To October 29, 2012

I have enough postcards to do two of these incoming entries, so I'll just pick the first five that arrived and write about them.

I have an interesting group of cards that are from Europe and the US.  I think they are cool. I hope you do too.  Remember if you'd like a better look at the cards to click on them for a larger view.


My first card comes from Russia.  Anastasia hopes that this card will be a nice addition to my collection of cards.  It is!
I love raspberries, but they are quite hard to find here.  I used to be able to find them frozen in a few places but I haven't seen them in ages.  So delicious.  

Willeke from the Netherlands sends me this next card.  She writes that she spent her holidays in Morocco this year.  She said she enjoyed a lot of culture and food there.  She signed off by asking if I've ever been in Holland.  I have, but it was a very long time ago.  

The card is from Morocco, but sent from The Netherlands.

Ashley was on a business trip and bought this card at Chicago's Midway Airport, on her way to southern California.  I felt quite bad for her as this card arrived during the time that Hurricane Sandy hit the East Coast of the US and  she is from that area.  

The card is very interesting and features various facts about Al Capone, who has been featured in many movies of course.  

Thanks Ashley!

Kerstin from Germany sent me this card.  She writes that she bought it in France while she was there with her children on a day trip.  She notes that Quiche Lorraine tastes fantastic especially with a good glass of young wine. Or beer. Or cider... She notes that it is a good meal on a cold and foggy autumn's day-like the day she mailed the card!
Little details like the weather and where she bought the card make it really special.  I'd try the recipe but finding Swiss cheese here in Tsuruoka is a little difficult! If you'd like the recipe, just ask!

The last card in this entry comes from Poland.  It shows a brewery in 1938 in Tychy.  Agneiszka writes that she bought this card in her hometown.  The formation of the Brewery dates back to the 7th century. She says that the beer is still very popular, not only in Poland.  She notes that she doesn't drink beer or any other kind of alcohol.

Picture calendar ducal Brewery in Tychy from 1938
I don't drink beer either, but I like this card!

There you have it.  Five great cards.  Which one do you like best?  Until next time...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think I like the raspberry card the best.

We went to Costco for the first time this weekend and they had a huge box of fresh raspberries, but we passed on them as the price was still too high. It was a nice surprise though. As we walked around, we kept saying to each other, "Look! Butterfingers! Look! Almond Roca!" and all the other shoppers were smiling like it was Christmas. Everyone was having such a good time, it was like a party!

Helen said...

I really love the raspberry one too. The colours are gorgeous.

I've never been to Costco in Japan. I've been with my friend in Canada and it was crazy. She's a very dedicated shopper and only goes to the areas she needs to go to. I wanted to see more, but she was in a hurry.

I feel a bit like Christmas anytime I go to an import store!
Thanks for visiting :-)