March 29, 2013


Friday - Cloudy, with light rain

A really good day!

I got up this morning, read the paper, had breakfast while reading the paper, and then wrapped my friend's birthday presents and got them ready to send.

I spent a little bit of time on the internet, but around 2:00 I got dressed for going out and then went. I didn't leave until 2:30ish, but I made good time.  I went to the local theater and saw Ted.  It was dumb, but parts of it were incredibly funny.  

After the movie, I left the theater and went to the post office and mailed off my friend's present.  It went fairly well and I did it all by myself.  

I biked home.  F wasn't home yet, and didn't come home until after 6 pm. I cooked dinner tonight.  We had French toast and it was rather good.  We had bacon and fruit cocktail with it.  Yum.  It was a bit touch and go for a bit at the beginning because F wouldn't come to the table.  I told him he only had a few minutes before it was ready, but he stayed on the couch and wouldn't move.  It wasn't until I sat down with my dinner (thereby blocking him from the table) that he got up.  

After dinner, it was looking like a nice quiet evening in.  A bit boring really.  Finally, I did something crazy.  I found a piece of paper, wrote a note on the back, asking F if he'd like to go out to a) karaoke, b) have tea c) ??? with me.  We decided on b).  We went to Mosburgers and had tea and fries and onion rings.  That was nice enough.  We talked, enjoyed ourselves.  

After that, we were on our way home, when we detoured to a new "entertainment center".  It has an internet cafe, karaoke bar, billiards hall, and darts all under one roof.  We got memberships and then we ended up having a karaoke room for a while.  It was fun!  I even finally got to do an Eartha Kitt song.  Hip hip!

We came home at 2:00 and watched a bit of TV.  I stayed up late to blog and to watch Beginners with Christopher Plummer and Ewan McGregor.  It was quite good, but I'd like to see it again if I have the chance.  

That's it for me.  A day that was quite different from any of the other ones I've had lately, but a really good one.  Now, it's getting light out, so I need to catch a few zzzz's if I can.  Night!

No comments: