April 2, 2013


Tuesday - Cloudy, rain at night

An okay day.

I got up early-ish, took a shower, had some breakfast and read some of the newspaper.  My impression hasn't improved much yet.  

Had a fairly quiet day. I scanned my cards that I was sending, plus I added one more, scanned the received ones too.  Trundled off to the post office to mail off the book to Greece and my cards all around the world.  It was cloudy, but not rainy at all.  Yay.  

I came home and did two loads of laundry, and got started on dinner.  F was going to do the actual cooking for us, but I had volunteered myself to do the prep for him.  I really didn't like the idea of him coming home from work and having to do all of the work. I peeled and chopped up 4 small potatoes, 2 carrots and one and a half onions.  

When F came home he headed for the kitchen even before he took off his uniform.  He was surprised to see that I had done the prep work.  Of course he criticized some of it, but he is Japanese after all. I don't think he can help it.  

He changed and got cooking.  And that was where I really noticed the difference between our styles.  Before I start cooking dinner I usually set the table, get out stuff that I need. The plates are out, the cutlery and any condiments that we might need.  With him, no.  He cooked the curry and then asked what plates he should use.  Very frustrating! I fished them out, but he didn't like me doing that.  He finally got the table mostly set, but didn't put out spoons…that kind of thing!  F had his curry on rice, but I had naan.  I'm going through a thing where I just don't want to eat rice at all.  

And the verdict?  The curry was good.  Very good actually.  We ate all that he had made.  F did the dishes, even though I said I would. 

We had a quiet evening, still no TV.  I'm thinking about asking him to hook it all back tomorrow night as there are a few programs on that I don't want to miss.  Besides, if he doesn't put the TV back on, his new scarf will never get done.  

Anyway, tomorrow is the last day of this extended weekend that I have had. I'll almost be glad to go back to work.  

That's it for me for now.  Come back tomorrow and see how things go.  Night!

No comments: