April 25, 2013


Thursday - Sunny and warmish

A good day.  I got up on time, more or less, today.  Hurray.  I watched my TV, looked on in bemusement when F came home for 5 minutes to pick something up, and ate my breakfast.  I had some of F's bread again.  He'd made raisin bread last night and it was quite good.  

In the afternoon, I did a Postcrossing and then scanned a few cards. I also wrote a card to my niece and nephew for Children's Day, which is coming up soon.  I ran my cards over to the post office and then bought a few stamps too.  I had nearly run out of stamps as I haven't been buying that many lately.

When I came home I did up the dishes and then waited for F to come home.  He was a little late tonight, but not too bad really.  The first thing he suggested was going to the park to see the cherry blossoms. It was dark, but we haven't had our hanami this year so I thought it would be nice.  We walked to the park and instead of actually walking through the part of the park with the trees, we walked through the kiosks and booths.  I'm not sure why we had to do that as we never buy anything.  When we went all the way through, F told me it was okay if I bought something.  He won't buy stuff because he has a firm conviction that the money ends up in nefarious hands.  There were a few things that might have been fun to have, and one stall was selling donairs, which I love.  But, we walked past them all.  

When we got back to our apartment, we jumped in the car and drove to Cocos for dinner.  I had a hamburg steak and some cut steak, F had a salmon donburi.  I liked mine, he didn't like his.  

We bought a few groceries on the way home, and then at home, F started to make bread.  Halfway through he asked me where the salt was, but I had no idea.  I think it is probably the same place he left it, but he can't remember.  I couldn't find it either, so he went back to the store to get some.  

At 11:15 I watched Desperate Housewives, which was rather fun, and did some crochet.  My cushion cover-granny square is going rather nicely.  

I did manage to get started on my column tonight and have written up a couple of movies already.  I have a few other ideas in mind for other things to write about.  I also am having a difference of opinion with some of the members who are planning a big event for this area.  It's odd, for someone who wasn't too keen on it, I have stronger opinions on it than I thought.  

And that's it for me.  It was quite a good day.  Tomorrow I have an afternoon class and then I'm done for Golden Week.  Got to go.  Night!

No comments: