May 10, 2013


Friday - Warm and sunny

A good day. 

I got up this morning a little late, but I wasn't too worried about it.  I had breakfast today, toast and yogurt. Yum.   Ghost Whisperer wasn't on, sad to say, looks like the new morning English show is Switched at Birth.  Good job I didn't follow it earlier!

I had a quiet day at home.  I did a little laundry, wrote one more postcard, ran my cards to the post office and bought more stamps, did a little weeding in the unflower bed and tried on my shoes. 

The shoes were all quite decent, and if anything they were too big, rather than too small for me.  There's one pair I could almost wear now, another two I'd like to re-order in a smaller size and one that was too big and had a too high heel for what I wanted.  I basically just wanted a couple of casual summer shoes, preferably flats.  The one pair I could keep as is, worries me a little.  It's a pair of mules, the main part is denim, BUT, the inside of the shoe is completely vinyl.  The sole is vinyl covered, and the inside of the vinyl is all plasticky.  I think it might be too hot for summer that way.  Darn.  I liked them a lot.  

F came home around 5:30 and announced that he was going to take his mother to the concert in Tsuruoka tonight.  My student had given me tickets but I'm not a big fan of the concert hall or Japanese music if I'm honest, so suggested F take his Mum.  He came back with complaints about her as usual, but I'm glad that he spent a bit of time with her!  It's Mother's Day this weekend I think.  

He came home and I watched a bit of TV,including a bizarre little movie with Milla Jovovich called Faces in the Crowd.  She witnessed a serial killer at work, but was injured getting away from him.  After that, she had "face-blindness" and every person looked different to her each time she saw them.  That meant that if she was with her boyfriend for example, if he went into another room for a second, when he came out, he looked like someone else.  They had different actors playing all the parts so it was quite cool.  Not a great movie, but a very interesting idea!

That's about it for tonight. I did a little bit of crochet, spent too much time on my computer as usual, got out of the apartment for a little and otherwise had a good day.  Yay.  

Tomorrow I'm not sure what's on the agenda, except for getting my new jacket from the lady who has been making it for me.  I'm excited about it! That's it for me.  Night!  

No comments: