May 3, 2013


Friday - Sunny, a bit cold

We had a good if odd day today!

I got up this morning, showered and then settled in to watch Ghost Whisperer of course.  After a bit, we talked about what we would do today, and F suggested going to the Internet Cafe again, having lunch there and relaxing in the massaging chairs.  So, we did that. We went to karaoke first and had our lunch in one of the rooms.  They had 500 yen lunches, so it wasn't like that added a lot of money to our day.  We sang for a couple of hours and then moved over to the massaging chairs.  

I was really sad to discover that they didn't have the BS channels anymore at the Cafe, as that is usually what I watch. There isn't much in English on the regular channels. Instead, I took a page out of F's book, and watched YouTube.  I watched some of the videos that I had in my queue, and because many of them were by Canadians or about Canada ended up with tears just streaming down my face.  Sigh.  I think I am quite homesick right now.  It's been more than two years since I was home, and I really feel like I should go soon.  I'll save my pennies.  After that, I changed tack and started watching bits of The Big Bang Theory.  Then, I couldn't stop laughing!  I need to get more of that show.

We left the place finally around 7:00 after spending most of the day there.  

We had dinner in one of F's Chinese restaurants. I didn't have a set meal, and enjoyed it a lot.  We bought a very few things at Yamaya, and then came home.  We watched lots of TV and are both still up at almost 4 am. Yikes.  Guess we're sleeping in tomorrow :-)

Got to go.  Night!

No comments: