Postcrossing Incoming to May 20, 2013

To May 20, 2013

Another great group of cards arrived in the last few weeks, and here is a little more information about them.  I appreciate questions or comments below. I am sorry that it took so long for me to write them up, but I have been extremely busy recently.

And now, on with the show!


Pedro sent this card from Portugal.  It is a film poster and shows Amalia Rodrigues, who was one of the most famous singers of Fado.
Cartaz do Filme "Fado" - Mario Costa
Pedro used some very cool stamps as well on his card.  I don't know a lot about them, but I haven't seen these ones before.


Fourteen year old Vika sent this card from Moscow.  She likes cinema and says that Audrey Hepburn is so cute, especially in the movie Breakfast at Tiffany.  

She likes reading , watching serials.  She says that she'd like to be a blood donor, and that one of her dreams is to visit Japan.  She wishes me health and joy.  Thank you!
Audrey Hepburn
Vika used an Olympic stamp on her card, and it was a new one to me.  I think it is rather interesting.

Ulrike sent this card to me from Germany.  She thinks that Johnny Depp is one of the best actors at the moment.  She loves a few movies very much.  The Last Unicorn has been a favourite for years, and she loves Tim Burton films too.  Her particular favourite is Big Fish.  
Johnny Depp

Henk sent this card from Germany, but he is originally from the Netherlands.  He studies Russian at the university now.  He likes painting, drawing, reading and walking his dog.

Mainz/Rhine, Christ-Church with fountain Hans Klenk

Qwert sent this card from Sweden.  It is a movie card which he saw 52 years ago and it was very popular then.  

He also questions my choice not to have handmade cards and says that he has asked them, but he only received 6 out of 2300.  He notes that things are quite different with different people!
Stinsen Pa Lyckas - 1943

Marika sent this card from Finland.  She sends greetings from a small village where she grows organic vegetables.  She says that she also loves knitting/crocheting and she was happy to send me this card.  It's great!


There you are!  A group of lovely cards from all over Europe.  I am awfully fond of all of them!  I love the knitting card, but am happy with the movie related cards too.  The German view is great too.  

Which is your favourite?  Love to hear from you below.  

Until next time.



No comments: