July 8, 2013


Monday - Torrential rain in the morning, clearing later on

I couldn't wake up this morning.  It was dark and rainy outside and my alarms just didn't cut it. It wasn't until F came back home to pick something up that I woke up.  Gah!  

I had a quiet day for most of it, and it was nice.  Unfortunately, F visited once more, just when I was going to have my brunch. He always does that and sits right where I was planning to, so I put off my meal again.  He'd bought himself new shoes, which is good for him.

I wrote a couple of postcrossing cards and delivered them to the post office in the late afternoon.  I came home in a bit of a hurry as the clouds were looking ominous again.  It was an interesting trip to the post office.  Near my apartment I could hear the chanting/cheering of a boys team, then near the post office I could hear the choir/glee club of a girl's school.  A lovely aural tour really.  

F was late tonight because he was waiting to pick up some people.  He came home a little after 7.  I gave him the option of eating in or out and he picked out.  Fine by me, it was so hot and humid anyway.  After a bit of bickering, he requested his Chinese restaurant, so that's where we went.  I had a pretty good meal, he wasn't too happy about his ramen, but then again, when is he?

We bought a few groceries and then came home.  F watched fighting on the TV and I decided to take a quick nap, but got interrupted.  I left the bedroom and stayed out.  

F went to bed early and I watched the new show Scandal. It was quite good.  It has possibilities anyway.  I like Kerry Washington, and it's nice to see the guy from Lost too.  I did some crochet and then settled in with my computer for a bit.  

Tomorrow I don't really have any plans.  I am going to do dinner, maybe I'll go out if the weather holds.  I need a little trip on my own if I can.  That's it for me.  Night.

No comments: