August 11, 2013


Sunday - Hot and muggy

A good day…really.

I got up late today. It was around 12…oops.  After a while F asked that we go out for lunch and he picked Patio, the restaurant in S-Mall.  I didn't want pasta again, so I had a hamburger and fries.  It was good, just too much ketchup on the burger.  

After lunch we headed to the Tsuruoka Art Forum.  We went to see an exhibition of photographs from Tohoku and Hokkaido.  It was very interesting and we took a long time looking at the photographs.  I was very pleased as they had a lot of introductory information in Japanese AND English.  Really good English. There were some local photos there, and some photos of natural disasters of the past in Tohoku.  I enjoyed learning about the spread of photography in Northern Japan and loved seeing the photos.  I noticed that men tended to be dressed in western style clothing, while in all but one case, the women were dressed in kimono. It was a great exhibition.

When we finished at the Art Forum, we went to Mikawa again.  We had dinner at F's fish restaurant there.  I didn't mind as he'd let me have pasta the night before.  The food was okay, but I didn't think it was great.

We went to see Pacific Rim tonight.  I enjoyed it.  I like Guillermo del Toro's work, and this one was fun.  It was great to see a Japanese actress in a leading part too, with no romance between her and any of the characters…although there was a hint of it at the end.  I did think it was odd that there were hardly any other female roles in the film.  Certainly there weren't too many important ones.  There was a female Russian pilot but she didn't get to say very much.  However, I did like the movie much more than any Transformers film!

We came home after the movie and had a veggie sort of evening.  F isn't doing that well. He was cold in the theatre (I was using a fan through most of it) and has now fallen asleep on the couch.  I'll have to get him off to bed soon.  

That's it for me.  It really was a good day! Night.

No comments: