August 5, 2013

Monday - Muggy and rainy

A good day.  I got up this morning and came through to the living room.  I had breakfast and read the newspaper.  F called me this morning and asked me to have lunch but I begged off. I really wanted to take a shower and didn't want to rush it.

After my shower I spent a bit of time watching TV and then F popped home for a couple of minutes.  I asked him if I should make some cucumber soup and he said yes.  So, that's what I did this afternoon.  I made cold cucumber soup and it tasted really nice.  I put it in the fridge to chill, washed the dishes, and then the tomatoes.

When F came home I got dinner underway soon.  We had the soup and it was good, it was really garlicky though.  Wow!  I'd also used some dill powder, so there was a strong taste of dill.  F liked it, but stopped at one bowl, I had two!  After my soup, I sauteed the pork chops and had one with salad.  The meal was really nice.  F made himself ramen, but at least had my soup and some salad to go with it!

After dinner we kicked back and relaxed for a bit.  F watched his boxing stuff for a bit, before taking a break.  

Around 11 I made a pot of rhubarb and strawberry tea and I watched Scandal while I did some crochet.  It's going well finally.  F went to bed a bit after midnight.  

That's about it for today.  I had a good day. Tomorrow I may go to the mall if the weather isn't bad, I haven't decided.  I do have a few things I need to do.  Got to go. Night!

No comments: