September 18, 2013


Wednesday - Warm and sunny, gorgeous day

I got up this morning a little late. I was tired, but managed to drag myself up!

I watched my TV, had some of my yummy bread with yogurt and then got dressed.  Around 1 I got ready and went out.

I biked over to the theatre and saw A Room With a View again.  Such a great film with so many wonderful actors and actresses, Judi Dench, Denholm Elliott, Maggie Smith, Simon Callow and that's just the "oldies".  How about Daniel Day Lewis, Rupert Graves, Julian Sands and Helena Bonham-Carter for the younger set?  It has been years since I have seen the whole thing and to see it again on a big screen was just perfect!

After the movie I biked home again, stopping only at a bakery to pick up something for my late, late lunch.  I came home and relaxed for a while.

F came home as usual.  He did say hello when I greeted him, but that was it.  He didn't say anything else to me.  He changed into his pyjamas, took a bath and went to bed.    

I made my dinner, using the food I had gotten myself last night and it was good. I had some chicken stir-fry, bread and cup soup.  I probably should have made myself some couscous, but didn't.

F did appear later on, I'm not really sure what he did, but as usual he had great bangings and clangings in the kitchen.  He set the bread maker for himself for the morning, despite insulting me last night when I offered him the bread I made for his breakfast today.  Nice move.  

After our initial greeting this afternoon, he never spoke to me, and I had no reason to talk to him.  

I watched a lot of fun TV tonight, did some crochet and a little bit of writing of my next column. I need to write a letter, which is something I should get on with.  

I'm really glad that I went out today. It was a bit frivolous, but it gave me such a lift to go out in the sunshine and see a wonderful movie.  Too bad there aren't any more movies to go and see tomorrow.  Wonder what I'll get up to?  Come back and find out.  Night!

No comments: